Solupred medicine 20mg Prednisone treatment reduces inflammation. You want to know how much Solupred Prednisone costs? index-china is the address of buying and selling Solupred medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
- Brand name: Solupred
- Active ingredient: Prednisone
- Content: 20mg
- Package: 1 box of 20 tablets
- Manufacturer: Sanofi
- Solupred Drug Price: COMMENT below for prices.
Uses / Indications for treatment of Solupred medicine
The drug Solupred is a corticosteroid used to reduce inflammation in conditions, including:
- Acute asthma: Solupred is used in the treatment of acute asthma attacks, a condition characterized by symptoms such as chest tightness, difficulty breathing, wheezing, coughing, etc.
- Chronic asthma: Solupred is used for long-term treatment for patients with severe long-term asthma.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Solupred is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, a condition characterized by chronic swelling, joint pain and stiffness.
- Osteoarthritis: Solupred is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis, a condition characterized by joint pain, swelling and stiffness.
- Nephrotic syndrome: Solupred is used in the treatment of Nephrotic syndrome, a type of kidney disease characterized by symptoms such as swelling of the feet and ankles, weight gain due to fluid retention, saliva, etc.
- Psoriasis: Solupred is used in the treatment of psoriasis, a type of skin disease characterized by skin rashes; Scaly, itchy, red patches of skin, etc.
- Bursitis: Solupred is used in the treatment of bursitis, a condition characterized by pain, swelling and stiffness, especially the knees, shoulders, hips and elbows.
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: Solupred is used in the treatment of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, a condition characterized by symptoms such as easy bruising and bleeding, purple red spots on the lower legs, etc.
- Gouty arthritis: Solupred is used in the treatment of gouty arthritis, a condition characterized by intense pain, redness and swelling in the joints, especially on large toes.
- Allergic reactions: Solupred is used in the treatment of allergic reactions that may be caused by various agents. Symptoms may include hives, watery eyes, sneezing, skin rashes, hyperventilation, atopic dermatitis, etc.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: Solupred is used in the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis, a condition characterized by decreased flexibility of the spine, severe pain in the back and joints, etc.
The mechanism of action of Prednisone
Solupred (Prednisone) works by weakening your immune system. This action blocks chemicals that often cause inflammation as part of your body’s immune response and can help reduce inflammation in many parts of the body.
- Patients with an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients in Solupred.
- Systemic infections include: fungal or eye infections.
- Solupred should not be used by pregnant and lactating women.
- Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take Solupred.
Dosage and usage of Solupred
Dosage for adults (18 – 64 years old)
- Initial dose: dosage may vary from 5 to 60 mg daily, depending on the condition being treated.
Dosage for children (0 – 17 years old)
- Dosage for children is usually based on weight. The doctor will determine the best dosage for your child.
Dosage for the elderly (65 years and older)
- Older people may consume the drug more slowly. A normal adult dose may cause higher than normal drug levels. Elderly people may need a lower dose or another schedule.
- Time and amount of drug Solupred consumed must be prescribed by a doctor.
- Take Solupred tablets with a glass of water, use the medicine right after a meal.
- Drink plenty of water to minimize irritation caused in the stomach.
Warnings and precautions when using Solupred
- Infections: Solupred should be used with caution in patients at risk of infection because it suppresses the immune system and increases the risk of infection.
- Vaccination: Administration of live or weakened vaccines is not recommended during treatment with Solupred due to an increased risk of worsening the patient’s condition.
- Impaired renal function: Solupred should be used with extreme caution in patients with a history of renal dysfunction due to the worsening risk of the patient’s condition.
- Impaired liver function: Solupred should be used with extreme caution in patients with a history of liver dysfunction due to the worsening risk of the patient’s condition.
- Decreased bone density : Solupred should be used with caution due to an increased risk of decreased bone density and a decrease in calcium absorption.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding: Solupred should be used with caution in patients with a known history of gastrointestinal disease due to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Diabetes: Solupred should be used with caution in patients with a known history of diabetes due to an increased risk of changes in blood sugar.
Side effects of Solupred
Common side effects of Solupred:
- Dry or thin skin
- Bruising or discoloration of the skin
- Nausea or stomachache
- Sleep problems
- Mild mood changes
- Increased sweating
- Slow wound healing
- Mild headache
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
- Slight dizziness
- Menstrual changes
- Changes in the shape or position of body fat, especially in the arms, legs, face, neck, chest or waist
Serious side effects of Solupred:
- Vision problems
- Swelling or rapid weight gain
- Shortness of breath
- Abnormal thinking or behavior
- Fast, irregular or pounding heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Bloody or tarry stools
- Signs of infection include: fever, chills, sore throat or cough
- Signs of pancreatitis include: severe pain in the upper stomach spreading back, nausea and vomiting or tachycardia
- Signs of low potassium include: confusion, excessive thirst, an irregular heartbeat, excessive urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or a limp feeling.
- Signs of high blood pressure include: severe headache, blurred vision, anxiety, tinnitus, confusion, shortness of breath, chest pain or irregular heartbeat
- Signs of a serious allergic reaction include: hives, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
Notify your doctor immediately if you experience any of the serious side effects above.
Other drug interactions with Solupred
Some other medicines that can interact with Solupred cause serious side effects:
- Water-based diuretics
- Blood thinners such as Coumadin (warfarin)
- Gengraf, Neoral or Sandimmune (cyclosporine)
- Chemotherapy drugs
- Insulin or any other diabetes medication
- Nizoral (ketoconazole )
- Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate or Rimactane (rifampin)
- Antiepileptic drugs such as: Dilantin (phenytoin) or Solfoton (phenobarbital)
- Oral contraceptives
- John’s wort
Preserving Solupred 20mg
- Store Solupred medicine at a temperature of 15 – 30 ° C.
- Keep the medication in the original container to avoid direct sunlight.
- Keep Solupred out of the reach of children and pets.
Sources of reference Solupred drug 20mg Prednisone
- Source practo.com Posts drug Prednisone : https://www.practo.com/medicine-info/prednisone-1164-api access date 25/10/2019.
- Source drugs.com article prednisone : https://www.drugs.com/prednisone.html updated October 25, 2019 .
- Source webmd.com oral prednisone article : https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6007-9383/prednisone-oral/prednisone-oral/details updated October 25, 2019 .
- Prestigious source index-china.com article Solupred 20mg Prednisone for reducing inflammation : https://index-china.com/solupred-medicine-20mg-prednisone/ ,updated 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answer to Solupred 20mg Prednisone anti-inflammatory medicine.
Note: Information about Solupred 20mg Prednisone drug for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to arbitrarily use the drug, all information on drug use must be directed by a specialized physician.
Last Updated on