Smecta medicine 3g Diosmectite treatment of certain gastrointestinal diseases. index-china is an address specializing in buying and selling Smecta medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
What is Smecta? Indications for treatment of Smecta medicine?
Smecta contains active ingredient Diosmectite which is a natural silicate of aluminum and magnesium used as an intestinal adsorbent in the treatment of a number of gastrointestinal diseases, including acute diarrhea and infectious diarrhea infections caused by infection.
Other uses include: chronic diarrhea caused by radiation, caused by chemotherapy and diarrhea caused by immunodeficiency syndrome.
Smecta is used to treat, control, prevent and improve the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Acute and chronic diarrhea
- Irritable bowel syndrome in adults
- Gastroesophageal reflux in the newborn
The mechanism of action of Diosmectite
- Diosmectite is a form of aluminosilicate. The structure of diosmectite determines its strong properties that cover the lining of the digestive tract. It combines with the glycoprotein of gastric and intestinal mucus, thereby increasing the mechanical strength of mucus and protective action against irritants.
- In addition, it has adsorbent properties that show its ability to bind toxic substances, viruses and bacteria and, thanks to the fact that it does not slow down the intestinal tract, it is quickly eliminated from the body. Diosmectite is not absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The product protects the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, shortens diarrhea time, reduces the amount of stool.
- Do not use in patients with hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in Smecta
- Smecta is indicated in patients with fructose intolerance, due to the presence of glucose and sucrose in this drug.
- Smecta is not recommended in pregnant or lactating women.
Dosage and usage of Smecta
Treatment of acute diarrhea:
- Adults: 6 packs per day for the first days, then 3 packs per day.
- Children over 1 year: 4 packs per day for 3 days, then 2 packs per day.
- Children under 1 year of age: 2 packs per day for 3 days, then 1 pack per day.
Treatment of chronic diarrhea and gastrointestinal pain:
- Adults: 1 pack, 3 times a day.
- Children from 2 to 15 years: 1 pack, 2 or 3 times a day.
- Children from 1 to 2 years of age: 1 or 2 packs per day.
- Children under 1 year: 1 pack per day.
Smecta should be avoided in infants and children under 2 years of age. The reference treatment for acute diarrhea is oral rehydration salts (ORS).
- Mix powdered oral suspension with 50ml of water before use.
- Smecta is best used after a meal in esophagitis or just before a meal in case of colitis or colonic contractions.
Warnings and precautions when using Smecta
If your symptoms do not improve within 7 days, consult your doctor.
Smecta should be used with caution in patients with a history of severe chronic constipation.
If diarrhea is related to fever or vomiting, it should get medical attention promptly.
Side effects of Smecta
Smecta may cause some significant effects in some people:
- Constipation: usually resolved with dose reduction, but in rare cases, it can lead to discontinued treatment.
- Allergic events are rare: including urticaria, pruritus and angioedema have been reported. Cases of constipation worsening have also been reported.
Notify your doctor or pharmacist of any adverse or embarrassing events not included in this leaflet
Other drug interactions with Smecta 3g
- Since the absorption properties of Smecta can affect the rate and extent of absorption of other substances, it is not advisable to use any other medicine at the same time as Smecta.
- A delay of at least 2 hours or even 4 hours with antibiotics of the quinolone family and between the use of this drug and other treatments.
Sources of reference Smecta drugs:
Please COMMENT below for our answer to Smecta 3g Diosmectite to treat some gastrointestinal diseases .
Note: Information about Smecta 3g Diosmectite article for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the drug on their own, all information on drug use must be directed by a qualified physician.
Bác sĩ Trần Ngọc Anh chuyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa; Nội tổng hợp-u hóa đã có hơn 10 năm kinh nghiệm chẩn đoán và điều trị.
Hiện đang công tác tại bệnh viện ĐH Y Dược Hà Nội Bác sĩ cũng hỗ trợ tư vấn sức khỏe tại Website ThuocLP Vietnamese health.
- Tốt nghiệp hệ Bác sĩ đa khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội (2011)
- Tốt nghiệp Thạc sỹ chuyên ngành Nội khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội (2013).
Qua trình làm việc và công tác:
- 2012 – 2014: Công tác tại Bệnh viện Bạch Mai.
- 2014 – Nay: Công tác tại bệnh viên ĐH y dược Hà Nội Khoa Nội tổng hợp-u hóa huyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa.
- Năm 2019 bác sĩ Trần Ngọc Anh đồng ý là bác sĩ tư vấn sức khỏe cho website thuoclp.com.
Chứng chỉ chuyên ngành: Nội soi tiêu hoá thông thường, Nội soi tiêu hoá can thiệp, Siêu âm tiêu hoá thông thường, Siêu âm tiêu hoá can thiệp (BV Bạch Mai), Bệnh lý gan mạn.