What is Scanneuron?
The drug Scanneuron includes vitamins B1, B6, B12. The drug is used in cases of deficiency of neurotropic vitamins, shingles, nausea during pregnancy, circulatory disorders and neuritis caused by alcohol.
Scanneuron drug information
- Drug Name: Scanneuron.
- Registration Number: VD-22677-15.
- Active Ingredients – Concentration/Concentration
- Thiamin nitrate (vitamin B1) 100 mg;
- Pyridoxin HCl (vitamin B6) 200 mg;
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 200 mcg;
- Dosage Form: Film-coated tablets.
- Packing: Box of 10 blisters x 10 tablets, box of 1 bottle of 100 tablets; bottle of 500 tablets.
- Expiry date: 24 months.
- Group: tonics, vitamins and minerals .
What does Scanneuron do?
Supportive treatment of nervous system disorders such as: neuralgia, peripheral neuritis, optic neuritis, diabetic and alcoholic neuritis, polyneuritis, paresthesia sensations, sciatica and convulsions due to increased excitability of the central nervous system.
- The patient has shingles.
- Treatment and prevention of vomiting and nausea in pregnancy.
- The patient is anemic due to vitamin B12 and vitamin B6 deficiency.
- Recovery after illness, overwork or in the elderly.
- In cases of deficiency of B vitamins, children have body weakness and growth retardation.
Who should not take the drug?
- People who are allergic or hypersensitive to the components of the drug Scanneuron.
- The patient has a malignant tumor.
- In case the patient has atopic eczema, asthma.
Dosage and how to use Scanneuron?
What is the dose of Scanneuron ?
- Dosage for adults: use 1-2 tablets / time. Drink 1-2 times a day.
- Dosage for children: Use 1 tablet, take 1 time per day.
How to take Scanneuron
Use Scanneuron exactly as directed on the label or as directed by your doctor. Do not use in larger, smaller amounts or for longer than directed.
The drug is taken orally. Swallow the tablet whole with some water.
What to do in case of overdose?
- Call 911 immediately or go to the nearest local health station.
- Of course, you’ll need to keep a record and bring a list of all the medications you’ve taken, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as possible.
- But if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- Do not take double the prescribed dose.
Precautions while using Scanneuron
Vitamin B12 should not be administered to patients with suspected vitamin B12 deficiency without prior diagnosis.
Scanneuron should not be used in patients with rare hereditary problems of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
Pregnancy: Do not use the drug for women who are pregnant because it can cause drug addiction in the newborn.
Breast-feeding: Vitamin B6 may inhibit lactation by blocking the action of prolactin.
Scanneuron side effects
- Vitamin B1: Rare adverse effects of vitamin B1.
- Vitamin B6: Long-term dose of vitamin B6 (200 mg/day for over 2 months) has been associated with the development of severe peripheral neuropathy. Rare: nausea and vomiting.
- Vitamin B12: Rarely adverse effects such as anaphylaxis, fever, acne-like reactions, urticaria, itching, redness of the skin.
What other drugs may interact with Scanneuron?
Drugs can interact with drugs such as:
- The effects of certain neuromuscular blocking agents may be increased when vitamin B1 is used with vitamin B1.
- The potency of levodopa may be increased by vitamin B6, but when used with an inhibitor of dopa decarboxylase activity, this interaction will not occur.
- Altretamine activity and serum concentrations of phenytoin and phenobarbital will be reduced by vitamin B6.
- The drugs isoniazid, hydralazine, penicillamine and some oral contraceptives can increase the body’s need for vitamin B6.
To avoid drug interactions, it’s a good idea to write down a list of all your medications (including prescription, nonprescription, herbal, and dietary supplements) and show them to your doctor or pharmacist.
To ensure safety when taking the drug, do not arbitrarily take the drug, stop or change the dose of the drug without the permission of the doctor.
How much does Scanneuron cost?
Scanneuron price is about 115,000 VND a box of 100 pills.
How to store medicine?
- You should store the medicine at room temperature, in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- You should not store the medicine in the refrigerator.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not throw medicine down the toilet or plumbing.
The above article is for reference only and is not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment. Readers should only follow the instructions of the doctor who is treating you, Index-China disclaims responsibility if problems occur.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Pharmacy.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.