Rodogyl medicine 750,000IU/125mg Spiramycin & Metronidazole treat and prevent infections. How much does Rodogyl Spiramycin & Metronidazole cost? index-china is the address of Rodogyl drug trading in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Rodogyl Medicine 750,000IU/125mg Spiramycin & Metronidazole treat and prevent infections
- Brand name: Rodogyl
- Active ingredient: Spiramycin & Metronidazole
- Hàm lượng: 750.000IU & 125mg (Spiramycin 750.000IU & Metronidazole 125mg)
- Package: 1 box of 20 tablets
- Manufacturer: Sanofi aventis
- Rodogyl Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices.
Uses / Indications for the treatment of Rodogyl drugs
Rodogyl is used to treat in the following cases:
- Treatment and prevention of acute, chronic or recurrent oral infections: such as tooth abscess or periodontitis.
- Pharyngitis infections caused by anaerobic bacteria.
- Ear infections and sinusitis.
- Prophylaxis of local infections after dental surgery.
- The effectiveness in preventing infectious endocarditis has not been proven.
The mechanism of action of Spiramycin & Metronidazole
Rodogyl is a combination of spiramycin antibiotic of the macrolide family and metronidazole antibiotic of the nitro-5-imidazole family, specifically for infectious oral diseases.
- Do not use Rodogyl for patients with hypersensitivity to any components of the drug.
- Rodogyl is not recommended for use in pregnant and lactating women.
- Rodogyl is not to be used for children younger than 6 years old.
- Rodogyl contraindicated in the case of fructose intolerance.
Dosage and administration of Rodogyl
- Adults: 4-6 tablets taken 2-3 times daily (equivalent to 3 – 4.5 million lU spiramycin and 500 – 750 mg
- Children aged 6 – 10 years: 2 capsules orally 2 times daily (equivalent to 1.5 million lU of spiramycin and 250 mg
- Children aged 10 – 15 years: 3 capsules 2-3 times daily (equivalent to 2.25 million IU of spiramycin and 375 mg of metronidazole).
- Use the exact dosage of Rodogyl as directed by your doctor.
- Take the tablet whole with a glass of water and should be taken immediately after a meal.
Warnings and precautions when using Rodogyl
Before using Rodogyl, tell your doctor if you have the following medical problems:
- Neurological disorders
- Blood disorders,
- History of meningitis with metronidazole.
Fructose intolerance (rare genetic disease). The subsequent use of Rodogyl is not recommended because of the presence of sorbitol.
You have had heart problems: you should be careful with this medicine if you were born or have a family history of QT prolongation
You or a member of your family is deficient in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (inherited erythrocyte) because of the danger of destroying red blood cells with spiramycin in Rodogyl.
Rodogyl should not be used in the case of fructose intolerance (genetic metabolic disease). Due to sorbitol in the drug.
Side effects of Rodogyl
Common Rodogyl side effects:
- Stomach pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Itchy hives rash
Side effects associated with spiramycin:
- Abnormal heart rhythms such as: QT prolongation
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as: diarrhea, stomach ache
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders such as: rash, hives, itching
- Central and peripheral nervous system disorders such as dyslexia, transient paresthesia
- Hepatobiliary disorders: such as cholestatic hepatitis
- Blood and lymphatic system disorders: leukopenia, anemia
Side effects associated with Metronidazole:
- Blood system disorders and leukemia such as leukopenia, anemia
- Mental disorders like: hallucinations, paranoia
- Nervous system disorders such as: peripheral neuropathy, headache, convulsions
- Eye disorders such as: blurred vision, decreased vision, optic neuritis
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, pancreatitis, dry mouth
- Hepatobiliary disorders such as: elevated liver enzymes, liver failure
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: itching, fever rash, hives, Steven-Johnson syndrome
Other drug interactions with Rodogyl
Related interactions with spiramycin:
- Be careful when concomitant use with levodopa and carbidopa, because spiramycin reduces the effects of these drugs.
Interactions with metronidazole:
- If you are taking disulfiram, do not take metronidazole at the same time or at least for two weeks after the end of disulfuram treatment, as this can lead to cable hallucinations and confusion.
- Alcoholic beverages or drugs must be avoided because of the potential for many unpleasant reactions, called disulfiram-like effects including: feeling of heat, redness of the skin, vomiting, nausea, sweating, and drumming. chest.
Be careful if you take metronidazole with:
- Oral anticoagulants may increase the risk of bleeding: lithium, ciclosporin and phenytoin.
- Phenobarbital, antacids (aluminum hydroxide) and prednisone because these drugs can reduce the effect of metronidazole.
- Cimetidine may increase the effect or toxicity of ametronidazole.
- Busulfan: because metronidazole may increase the toxicity and concentration of this drug in plasma.
- Metronidazole increases the toxicity of 5-fluorouracil and may give a false positive result when testing for syphilis.
Preserving drug Rodogyl
- Store Rodogyl at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
- Keep Rodogyl out of the reach of children and pets.
Sources of reference to Rodogyl drugs
- Source webmd.com article metrozole oral : https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-52800/metrozole-oral/details updated September 30, 2019 .
- Source drugs.com rodogyl article : https://www.drugs.com/international/rodogyl.html updated September 30, 2019 .
- Source onmeda.fr article rodogyl : https://www.onmeda.fr/medicament/rodogyl-93074772/details.html updated September 30, 2019 .
- A reputable source index-china.net summarizes the article Rodogyl Medicine 750,000IU/125mg Spiramycin & Metronidazole: https://index-china.com/rodogyl-medicine-750000iu-125mg-spiramycin-metronidazole/, Updated 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answers on Rodogyl 750,000IU/125mg Spiramycin & Metronidazole medicine to treat and prevent infections.
Note: Information about the drug Rodogyl 750,000IU/125mg Spiramycin & Metronidazole for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to arbitrarily use the drug, all information on drug use must follow indications specialist doctor.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Vietnamese health.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.