Xovoltib 40mg Afatinib medicine treats metastatic lung cancer . You need to know how much does Afatinib cost? You do not know where Xovoltib is sold? LP is an address specializing in buying and selling Xovoltib medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Basic information about Xovoltib medicine 40mg Afatinib for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Brand name: Xovoltib
- Active ingredient: Afatinib
- Content: 40 mg
- Form: Tablets
- Package: Box of 28 tablets
- Manufacturer: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co
What is Xovoltib ? Indications for treatment of Afatinib?
Xovoltib is used as a first therapy to treat and prevent the development of a type of cancer called non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) has an abnormal epidermal growth factor receptor (EGF) gene. These abnormal genes promote the growth of cancer cells.
- Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) progresses or metastases of squamous histology progresses on or after platinum-based chemotherapy.
Xovoltib may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
The mechanism of action of Afatinib
Afatinib (Xovoltib) is an anti-cancer drug. It works by binding and inhibiting enzyme receptors (EGFR, HER2 and HER4) that are responsible for the growth of cancer cells. Therefore, resulting in the reduction of signal paths. This is how it prevents or slows the spread of cancer.
Dosage of drugs Xovoltib
The information provided is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist before deciding to take your medication.
Usual adult dose for non-small cell lung cancer:
- Oral: use 40 mg daily.
- Duration of treatment: until the patient is intolerable to the drug or the disease progresses.
- Note taking medication at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal
Dosage for children has not been studied and decided. Consult your doctor if you plan to give this medication to a child.
How should you take Xovoltib?
- Your dose is based on your medical condition, response to treatment, and other medications you are taking. Use Xovoltib as directed by your doctor.
- Take your medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually once a day, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- To achieve the maximum effect, you should take the drug fully and regularly. You should take the pill at the same time each day for easy remembering.
- Do not increase your dose or take your medicine more often or for longer than directed. Your condition will not improve faster and your risk of serious side effects may increase.
- Because the drug can be absorbed through the skin and lungs, and can be harmful to children in the womb, pregnant or possibly pregnant women should not handle or breathe dust from the medicine.
Side effects of Xovoltib
All medicines can cause side effects, however, many people may not have or have only mild side effects. Consult your doctor if any of the following effects persist or worsen:
- Chapped lips
- Dry skin
- Mild itching
- Runny nose
- Weight loss
Contact your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue);
- Changes in the amount of urine, fast or irregular heartbeat
- Lesions or sores in the mouth
- Nail or toenail problem
- Severe or prolonged diarrhea
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual, sudden weight loss; swelling of hands, arms, ankles or lower legs
Not everyone experiences the above side effects. There may be other side effects not mentioned. If you have any questions about side effects, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding. Do not breastfeed during treatment. Should not start pregnant while taking the drug, must wait at least two weeks after treatment. Consult your doctor about appropriate contraception. If you become pregnant while taking the medication, tell the doctor. The drug may harm an unborn baby.
You need to avoid the sun, if any, must cover carefully. Xovoltib drug makes the skin sensitive to the sun and prone to acne, rash during treatment.
Things to keep in mind if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
There are no adequate studies to determine the risk of using this medication during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Before taking medication, always consult your doctor to weigh the benefits and risks.
Xovoltib may interact with your health condition.
Your medical condition may affect the use of this medicine. Tell your doctor if you have any health problems, especially:
- History of eye problems (e.g., keratitis, corneal ulcer, severe dry eye)
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver failure
- History of lung disease (e.g. interstitial lung disease, pneumonia): use with caution. May make these conditions worse.
What other drugs will affect Xovoltib?
Tell your doctor about all medicines you use, and those you start or stop using during your treatment with afatinib, especially:
- wort St. John
- an antibiotic: erythromycin, rifampin
- Antifungal drugs: itraconazole, ketoconazole
- HIV or AIDS drugs: nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir
- Heart medicine or blood pressure: amiodarone, quinidine, verapamil
- Drugs to prevent organ transplant rejection: cyclosporine, tacrolimus
- Convulsants: carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with afatinib, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible interactions are listed in this medication guide.
Drugs Xovoltib 40mg Afatinib cost?
How much does Xovoltib 40mg Afatinib cost? Please COMMENT below or Contact index-china 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) to buy and sell brand-name drugs in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang City, Can Tho City, … nationwide
Where is Xovoltib 40mg Afatinib purchased and sold?
Where can I find out where to buy Xovoltib 40mg Afatinib medicine? Please COMMENT below or Contact index-china 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) to buy and sell brand-name drugs in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang City, Can Tho City, … nationwide
COMMENT below for your information and questions about the article Xovoltib 40mg Afatinib lung cancer, Afatinib drug price.
Watch video Afatinib 40mg (Xovoltib 40mg)
Note: This article is only intended to introduce drug information for reference by health officials and patients. We do not function to sell drugs.
Reference source ThuocLP Vietnamese: Xovoltib medicine 40mg Afatinib lung cancer
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Pharmacy.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.