Velcade 3.5mg Bortezomib medicine to treat blood cancer. How much do you need to know Bortezomib drug price? You do not know where Velcade is sold? index-china is a specialized trading site of Velcade medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Velcade medicine 3.5mg Bortezomib to treat blood cancer
- Brand name: Velcade
- Active ingredient: Bortezomib
- Content: 3.5mg
- Packing: 1 vial of 3.5 mg of injection solution
- Manufacturer: Takeda
- Velcade Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices OR Click on the link: https://thuoclp.com/chatFB type “Velcade”
What is Velcade? Indications for treatment of Bortezomib?
Velcade (bortezomib) is the first treatment for multiple myeloma and cell lymphoma. It’s an intravenous drug that belongs to a group of treatments called proteasome inhibitors. This therapy was jointly developed by Millenium Enterprises, currently a subsidiary of Takeda and Janssen.
Velcade is used to treat:
Multiple myeloma (a cancer of plasma cells)
- Velcadela monotherapy or in combination with pegosated liposomal doxorubicin or dexamethasone is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with advanced multiple myeloma who have received at least 1 previous therapy and have undergone cell transplantation. blood.
- Velcade in combination with melphalan and prednison is indicated for the treatment of patients with previously untreated multiple myeloma who are not eligible for high dose chemotherapy with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Velcade, in combination with dexamethasone or with dexamethasone and thalidomide, is indicated to treat previously untreated patients with multiple myeloma eligible for high dose chemotherapy with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
Cellular lymphoma (a cancer of the lymph nodes)
- Velcade in combination with rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin and prednison is indicated for treatment of patients with previously untreated mantle cell lymphoma unsuitable for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
The mechanism of action of Bortezomib
Bortezomib is a small molecule that inhibits the activity of 26S proteaomes, which are large protein complexes that degrade or break down proteins marked by the body’s cellular apparatus for destruction. This includes abnormal or misaligned proteins as well as cells that prevent aging or damage. This process is necessary to recycle components in cells and to maintain the functional integrity of the cells. Therefore, inhibiting the function of proteasomes 26S is toxic to cells and leads to their death.
- You are allergic to bortezomib or to any other ingredients of this medicine
- You have some serious lung or heart problems
Dosage and usage of Velcade
The recommended dose of Velcade is 1.3 mg / m2 in the form of bolus intravenously twice weekly for two weeks followed by a 10-day break. Each dose should be administered 72 hours apart.
Combined treatment with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin
- Velcade for injection solution is administered intravenously or subcutaneously at the recommended dose of 1.3 mg / m2 body surface area twice weekly for two weeks on days 1, 4, 8 and 11 during the 21-day treatment cycle (3 weeks). You can get up to 8 cycles (24 weeks).
- Doxorubicin treated with lipylomal was injected at a dose of 30 mg / m 2 on day 4 of the Velcade treatment cycle in the form of intravenous infusion 1 hour after Velcade injection.
Combination treatment with dexamethasone
- Velcade for injection solution is administered intravenously or subcutaneously at the recommended dose of 1.3 mg / m2 body surface area twice weekly for two weeks on days 1, 4, 8 and 11 during a 21-day treatment cycle.
- Dexamethasone is taken orally at 20 mg on days 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11 and 12 of the Velcade treatment cycle.
Combination treatment with dexamethasone and thalidomide
A period of 6 weeks is considered a cycle of treatment.
- In cycles 1-4, Velcade is administered twice weekly on days 1, 4, 8, 11, 22, 25, 29 and 32.
- During cycles 5-9, Velcade is administered once per week on days 1, 8, 22 and 29.
Both Melphalan and prednison should be taken orally on days 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the first week of each Velcade treatment cycle.
Combination treatment with rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin and prednison (VcR-CAP)
Velcade for injection solution is administered intravenously or subcutaneously at the recommended dose of 1.3 mg / m2 body surface area twice weekly for two weeks on days 1, 4, 8 and 11 , followed by 10 days of rest on 12-21.
The following medicinal products are administered on Day 1 of each 3-week Velcade treatment cycle as intravenous infusion:
- Rituximab at 375 mg / m 2, Cyclophosphamid 750 mg / m 2 and Doxorubicin at 50 mg / m 2.
- Prednison is taken orally at a dose of 100 mg / m2 on days 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 of each Velcade treatment cycle.
- Velcade is an injectable drug administered intravenously or subcutaneously by a doctor or nurse.
- Velcade is usually given in the doctor’s office or at the clinic 1 or 2 times per week
Warnings and precautions when using Velcade
Neurological problems: Velcadecan cause damage to nerves, a condition called peripheral neuropathy. If you have peripheral neuropathy before you start taking this medication, your doctor may consider giving you Velcade under the skin.
Low blood pressure: Velcade can cause a decrease in blood pressure. Tell your doctor if you have low blood pressure, feel dizzy or feel like you may faint.
Heart problems: Treatment with Velcade can cause or aggravate heart rhythm problems and heart failure. Your doctor may monitor you closely if you have or are at risk of heart disease.
Lung problems: Lung disorders have been reported in Velcade recipients. Some of these events were fatal. Tell your doctor if you experience any cough, shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing.
Brain swelling: There have been reports of a rare, reversible brain-related condition called PRES, in people treated with Velcade. People with PRES may have seizures, high blood pressure, headaches, fatigue, confusion, blindness or other vision problems. Treatment with Velcade should be stopped in cases of PRES.
Stomach and intestinal problems: Velcadecine treatment can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and constipation. If your symptoms are severe, your doctor may recommend IV fluids or medication.
Low platelet count: Velcadec can cause low levels of platelets. If platelets become very low, there is a higher risk of bleeding.
Leukopenia: Velcade can cause low levels of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell that helps fight infections. If your white blood cells become low, you may be at higher risk for infection.
Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS): TLS is a syndrome that causes a chemical imbalance in the blood that can lead to heart or kidney problems. If you develop TLS, your doctor will take the appropriate steps for treatment.
Liver problems: If you have liver problems, your body will have a harder time getting rid of Velcade bugs. Velcade has caused sudden liver failure in people who are taking many medications or have other serious medical conditions. Your doctor will monitor you closely if you have liver disease.
Hematologic disease: Velcade can lead to the formation of blood clots in small blood vessels. These blood clots can lead to low platelets, kidney damage, confusion and an increased risk of bleeding.
Side effects of Velcade
The most common possible side effects of Velcade include:
- Nausea, diarrhea, constipation or vomiting
- Low platelet count
- Low white blood cell count: a condition called neutropenia
- Neuropathy or numbness, tingling (peripheral neuropathy, neuropathy)
- Low red blood cell count
- Low numbers of all types of white blood cells, including lymphocytes
- Loss of appetite
Note: if you are taking Velcade in combination with other myeloma drugs, you may experience different side effects.
Other drug interactions with Velcade
- Taking diabetes medicine: Velcade can affect your blood sugar level. Your doctor may order to closely monitor your blood sugar level and change the dose of diabetes medication while you are being treated with Velcade.
- Are taking any other medications: including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, herbs or supplements, or holistic treatments. St. John’s wort should be avoided.
Drug Velcade 3.5 mg bortezomib cost?
- How much does Velcade 3.5mg Bortezomib cost? Please COMMENT below or Contact index-china call: 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) buy and sell brand name drugs in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang City, Can Tho City, … nationwide
Where is Velcade 3.5mg Bortezomib medicine sold?
- Where can I find out where to buy Velcade 3.5mg Bortezomib? Please COMMENT below or Contact index-china call: 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) buy and sell brand name drugs in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang City, Can Tho City, … nationwide
Please COMMENTS below to us answers about Drug Velcade bortezomib 3.5 mg blood cancer treatment .
Note: Information about drug article Velcade 3.5mg Bortezomib for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to arbitrarily use the drug, all information on drug use must follow the appointment of a specialized physician subjects.