You need to know the price of Megace medicine 160mg Megestrol actate anti-mail drug how much? Don’t know where the Megestrol actate 160mg is sold? index-china is the address of buying and selling Megace 160mg Megestrol actate in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Megace medicine 160mg Megestrol acetate against cancer
- Trade name: Megace
- Active ingredient: Megestrol acetate
- Drug form: Tablets
- Content: 160 mg
- Package: 1 box of 30 tablets
- Manufacturer: Deva
- Megace Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices OR Click on the link: https://thuoclp.com/chatFB type “Megace”
What is Megestrol?
- Megestrol is an artificial chemical similar to the female progesterone hormone.
- Megestrol is used to treat loss of appetite and weight loss in people with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Megestrol is also used in the treatment of advanced breast cancer and endometrial cancer.
- Megestrol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Indications for use Megace 160mg drug
- Megace is indicated for temporary treatment of breast carcinoma. Megace is not a substitute for surgical, radiation or chemotherapy in cases where these treatment indications are necessary.
- Megestrol acetate is a synthetic progestin that has anti-cancer effects on breast and endometrial cancers. Estrogen stimulates cell division to develop estrogen-responsive tissues such as the breast, endometrium and cervix.
Pharmacological Properties of the drug Megace
- Like all progestatifs, mégestrol acétate’s anti-neutropic mechanism of action in the treatment of breast cancer is based on the anti-estrogène effect. The mechanism of direct cytotoxicity was also mentioned to explain the anti-tumor effect of Megace.
- Healthy volunteers taking doses of 20, 40, 80 or 200 mg of mégestrol acétate achieved average maximum serum concentrations after 2 to 3 hours, respectively, 89, 190, 209 and 465 ng / ml. Serum concentrations progress in a two-phase curve, with a half-life of 15 to 20 hours in the second phase. The drug has a long half-life so only a single daily dose is needed.
- The drug is mainly excreted in the urine: 60-80% of the dose found in the urine, the faecal excretion does not exceed 30%. The metabolites are excreted mainly as glucuronique and hydroxymethylated conjugates.
Dosage of Megestrol medicine
Usual adult dose for breast cancer – slightly reduced:
- Megestrol tablet is indicated for use in the treatment of advanced breast cancer pain relief: 160 mg / day (40 mg tablets taken four times a day)
Usual Adult Dose for Endometrial Carcinoma:
- Megestrol tablet is indicated for use in the treatment of advanced endometrial cancer pain relief: 40-320 mg / day of the oral tablet in divided doses
Usual Adult Dose for Anorexia:
- Megestrol oral suspension is indicated for use in the treatment of anorexia at a dose of 800 mg / day. Alternatively, 625 mg / 5 ml of concentrated formula (Megace ES formula) may be given. Note: 800 mg / 20 ml of regular formula is equivalent to 625 mg / 5 ml concentrated formula.
Usual Adult Dose for Worn Out:
- Megestrol oral suspension is indicated for use in the treatment of cachexia at a dose of 800 mg / day. Alternatively, 625 mg / 5 ml of concentrated formula (Megace ES formula) may be given. Note: 800 mg / 20 ml of regular formula is equivalent to 625 mg / 5 ml concentrated formula.
Usual Adult Dose for Weight Loss:
- Megestrol oral suspension is indicated for use in unexplained treatment, with significant weight loss in patients with the diagnosis of immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) at a dose of 800 mg / day. Alternatively, 625 mg / 5 ml of concentrated formula (Megace ES formula) may be given. Note: 800 mg / 20 ml of regular formula is equivalent to 625 mg / 5 ml concentrated formula.
Adult dosage usually for abnormal uterine bleeding:
- 5 to 10 mg / day for 5 to 10 days
- In clinical studies, no serious adverse effects were noted when taking doses of 1 600 mg / day.
- A single dose of 5 g / kg had no toxic effects in mice.
- The degree of dialysis of mégestrol acétate is unknown, but due to its low solubility, dialysis is not a treatment for overdose.
How to use megestrol?
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Shake the oral suspension (liquid) well just before you measure a dose. Measure the liquid with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
- Megace ES contains a higher concentration of megestrol than Megace. If your doctor changes your brand, strength, or type of megestrol, your dosage needs may change. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about the medicines you receive at pharmacies.
- Your dosage needs may change if you have surgery, are ill, are stressed, or have an infection. Do not change your medication dose or schedule without your doctor’s advice.
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Consult your doctor before taking Megestrol?
You should not take megestrol if you are allergic to it, or if you are pregnant.
To make sure megestrol is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- an adrenal gland disorder; or
- have a history of stroke or blood clot.
This medicine may harm an unborn baby or cause birth defects. Do not use megestrol if you are pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment. Use effective birth control and follow your doctor’s instructions about how long to prevent pregnancy after your treatment ends.
It is not known whether megestrol passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breastfeed while taking megestrol.
Things to avoid when contacting patients on megestrol?
- This drug can pass into body fluids (urine, stool, vomit).
- Caregivers should wear rubber gloves when cleaning a patient’s body fluids, handling contaminated waste or washing or changing diapers.
- Wash hands before and after removing gloves.
- Wash soiled clothes and towels separately from other laundry.
Megestrol side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: rash; shortness of breath; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor right away if you have any of the side effects during or after your treatment with megestrol :
- weight gain (especially in the waist and back), stretch marks;
- thin skin, easy bruising, increased acne or facial hair;
- menstrual difficulties, impotence or loss of interest in sex;
- high blood sugar (increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss);
- pain, swelling, warmth, or redness (especially in one or both legs); or
- chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood,
T evil common side may include:
- nausea, gas, diarrhea;
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding;
- mild skin rash; or
What other drugs interact with megestrol?
Tell your doctor about all medicines you use, and those you start or stop using during your treatment with megestrol, especially:
- dofetilide; or
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with megestrol, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible interactions are listed in this medication guide.
How much does Megace 160mg Megestrol cost?
- To know how much Megacerol Megacerol 160mg? Please COMMENTS below or Contact index-china 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) purchase and sale of brand-name drugs in HCM City, Hanoi, Da Nang City, Can Tho, … Nationwide
Drug megestrol acetate 160 mg purchase where?
- Where to know where to buy and sell Megace 160mg Megestrol medicine? Please COMMENTS below or Contact index-china 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) purchase and sale of brand-name drugs in HCM City, Hanoi, Da Nang City, Can Tho, … Nationwide
Please COMMENT below for our answer to Megace Medication 160mg Megestrol acetate Anticancer – Megestrol Medication Price
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Pharmacy.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.