Giotrif 40mg Afatinib treatment for metastatic lung cancer. You need to know how much does Afatinib cost? You do not know where Giotrif is sold? index-china is the address of Giotrif medicine trading in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Basic information about Giotrif medicine to treat lung cancer
- Brand name: Giotrif
- Active ingredient: Afatinib
- Content: 40mg
- Form: Tablets
- Package: 1 box of 28 tablets
- Manufacturer: Boehringer Ingelheim
- Giotrif Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices OR Click on the link: https://thuoclp.com/chatFB type “Giotrif”
What is Afatinib?
Afatinib 40mg is a medicine used to treat a type of lung cancer called non-small cell lung cancer. It is used especially in adults with advanced cancer in the following situations:
- when the cancer has a genetic mutation for a protein called EGFR and has not previously been treated with tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
- when the cancer is a squamous cell type (from cells of the pleura) and has worsened despite platinum-based chemotherapy.
Giotrif contains active ingredient afatinib.
Studies of the drug Giotrif
- Giotrif has been shown to significantly slow disease progression in non-small cell lung cancer patients.
- In a main study of 345 patients with tumors with the EGFR mutation gene, the Giotrif-treated patients lived an average of 11 months with no worse disease than 7 months for patients treated with two types. Other cancer medications are pemetrexed and cisplatin.
- In a second study of 795 patients with squamous cell carcinoma patients, Giotrif-treated patients lived an average of 2.6 months, but the disease was not worse than 1.9 months for treated patients. Another cancer drug is erlotinib.
The mechanism of action of Giotrif
- The active substance in Giotrif, afatinib, is an ErbB family blocker. This means it blocks the action of a group of proteins called ‘ErbB families’ found on the surface of cancer cells and is involved in stimulating cell division.
- By blocking these proteins, afatinib helps control cell division and thus slows the growth and spread of non-small cell lung cancer.
- The EGFR protein is part of the ErbB family. Mutated lung cancer cells with the EGFR protein are particularly sensitive to afatinib.
- Severe hepatic or renal failure, dialysis.
- Pregnant women, ensure contraception in women and continue for 1 month after treatment and Breastfeeding.
Information on dosages and how to use Giotrif
- Use Giotrif exactly as directed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
- The recommended Giotrif dose for advanced non-small cell (metastatic) lung cancer (NSCLC) is 40 mg orally once a day.
- The recommended Giotrif dose for advanced (metastatic) psoriasis NSCLC progresses despite platinum-based chemotherapy being 40 mg once daily.
- Your health care provider may reduce the dose in case of severe kidney failure, diarrhea or skin reactions.
- Use Giotrif exactly as your doctor told you to use it.
- Your doctor will tell you how much Giotrif to take and when to take it. Do not change your dose or stop Giotrif unless your doctor tells you to.
- Take Giotrif on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after a meal.
- If you miss a dose of Giotrif, take it as soon as you remember. If within 12 hours of your next dose, skip the dose and only take the next dose at regular intervals.
- Do not take 2 doses of Giotrif at the same time.
Side effects of Giotrif
Important things to remember about the side effects of Giotrif:
- Most people will not feel all the side effects of Giotrif.
- Giotrif side effects are usually predictable on their onset, duration and severity.
- The side effects of Giotrif are almost always reversible and will resolve after treatment is complete.
- Side effects of Giotrif can be fairly manageable. There are many options to minimize or prevent side effects of Giotrif.
The following side effects are common (occurring in more than 30%) for patients taking Giotrif:
- Acne eruptions (group of acne-like skin conditions)
- Mouth sores
- Paronychia (nail infection)
- Dry mouth
These are less common side effects (occurring in 10-29%) for patients taking Giotrif:
- Reduce appetite
- Weight loss
- Cystitis (bladder infection)
- Lipitis (cheilitis)
- Hypokalemia (low potassium)
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Rhinitis (runny nose)
- High liver enzymes
Not all side effects are listed above. Some rare cases (occurring in less than 10% of patients) are not listed here. Always inform your doctor if you experience any unusual symptoms.
Caution before using Giotrif
- Before starting treatment with Giotrif, make sure you tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking (including prescription, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.).
- While taking Giotrif, do not get vaccinated or vaccinated without a doctor’s approval.
- Limit your time under the sun. Giotrif can make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Remember to use sunscreen and wear hats and clothing to cover as much skin as possible while using Giotrif.
- Notify your health care professional if you are pregnant or may become pregnant before starting this treatment. Pregnancy category D (may be dangerous to the fetus. Women who are pregnant or pregnant must be informed of the potential danger to the fetus.)
- For both men and women: Use recommended contraception during treatment and for at least 2 weeks after treatment is complete. Discuss with your doctor when you can safely become pregnant or become pregnant after treatment.
- Do not breast-feed while taking Giotrif.
Preserving the drug
- Store below 30 degrees C
- Protect from light and moisture
- Keep the product out of reach of children and pets
- Shelf life is 36 months.
How much does Giotrif 40mg Afatinib cost?
- How much does Giotrif 40mg Afatinib cost? Please COMMENT below or Contact index-china 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) buying and selling brand name drugs in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang City, Can Tho City, … nationwide
Where is Giotrif 40mg Afatinib sold?
- Where can I find out where to buy Giotrif 40mg Afatinib? Please COMMENT below or Contact index-china 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) buying and selling brand name drugs in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang City, Can Tho City, … nationwide
Please COMMENT below for our answer to Giotrif 40mg Afatinib for lung cancer treatment
Source: index-china.com and Drugs.com
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Pharmacy.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.