Alimta medicine 100mg Pemetrexed treats lung cancer. How much do you need to know about the price of Alimta 100mg Pemetrexed? You do not know where Alimta is sold? index-china is the address of selling and selling Alimta 100mg Pemetrexed in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Alimta medicine 100mg Pemetrexed treats lung cancer
- Brand name: Alimta
- Active ingredient: Pemetrexed
- Content: 100mg
- Form: Concentrated infusion solution
- Package: 1 vial of 100mg infusion solution
- Manufacturer: Lilly
- Alimta Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices OR Click on the link: https://thuoclp.com/chatFB type “Alimta”
What is Alimta? Assign Pemetrexed drug treatment?
Alimta is indicated in combination with pembrolizumab (Keytruda) and platinum chemotherapy for primary treatment of patients with non-metastatic non-metastatic small cell cancer (NSCLC) without EGFR or ALK gene tumor aberration. .
Alimta is indicated in combination with cisplatin in the initial treatment of patients with locally or non-metastatic locally or non-metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Alimta is indicated as a sole agent for maintenance treatment for patients with non-metastatic or metastatic small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose disease does not progress after four cycles of front-line chemotherapy based on platinum.
Alimta is indicated as a unique agent for the treatment of patients with recurrent non-metastatic non-metastatic small lung cancer (NSCLC) after previous chemotherapy.
Limitations of use: Alimta is not indicated for the treatment of non-squamous cell lung cancer patients.
Alimta is indicated, in combination with cisplatin, in the initial treatment of patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) who has an incurable disease or who is not a candidate for surgical surgery. .
The mechanism of action of Pemetrexed
The active substance in Alimta (pemetrexed), is a cytotoxic drug: a drug that kills dividing cells, such as cancer cells, of the ‘antiallergic drug’ group.
In the body, pemetrexed is converted into an active form that blocks the activity of enzymes involved in the production of ‘nucleotides’ (the building blocks of DNA and RNA, the genetic material of cells). Pemetrexed slows down the formation of DNA and RNA and prevents cells from dividing and multiplying.
The conversion of pemetrexed to its active form occurs more easily in cancer cells than in normal cells, leading to higher levels of the active form of the drug and a longer duration of action in cancer cells. This leads to a reduction in the division of cancer cells, while normal cells are only slightly affected.
Dosage and Administration of Alimta
The recommended Alimta dose is 500 mg per square meter of body surface area (calculated according to the height and weight of the patient)
This dose may be adjusted, or treatment may be delayed depending on the number of blood cells and your general condition.
- Alimta is given as a drip into your vein over a period of 10 minutes.
- Alimta is injected every three weeks (1 cycle of treatment). Your doctor will advise you how many treatment cycles you need.
- Before each infusion, you will take a sample of your blood to check if you have enough blood cells to receive Alimta.
When treating certain cancers, you may also be given other chemotherapy drugs.
Alimta in combination with cisplatin:
Your doctor or hospital pharmacist will calculate the dose you need based on your height and weight.
- Cisplatin is also infused into one of your veins and is injected about 30 minutes after the completion of the Alimta infusion. The cisplatin infusion will last about 2 hours.
- After 3 weeks you will usually receive an infusion once.
Additional medications reduce the risk of side effects when treating Alimta:
- Corticosteriod: your doctor will prescribe Corticosteriod for you to use 2 times a day for 3 days, starting the day before each treatment with Alimta.
- Vitamin supplements: your doctor will prescribe you folic acid to take or a multivitamin containing folic acid that you must take once a day while you are taking Alimta. You must take at least 5 doses in the seven days before the first dose of Alimta. You will also receive vitamin B12 injections in the week before taking Alimta and then about 9 weeks.
Caution before using the drug Alimta
Before you receive Alimta, tell your doctor that you have:
- Kidney disease: Alimta can cause serious and sometimes fatal kidney failure in people with kidney disease.
- Bone marrow suppression: Alimta can cause serious bone marrow suppression that leads to blood transfusion requirements and can lead to neutrophil infections. The risk of myelosuppression is increased in patients without vitamin supplements.
- Weak immune system: Increases the risk of infection due to decreased white blood cells.
- Interstitial pneumonia: Severe interstitial pneumonia, including fatal cases, can occur with people treated with Alimta.
- Radiation treatment: Radiation withdrawal (skin rash such as severe sunburn) may occur with Alimta in patients who have received radiation several weeks to years ago.
Alimta can harm an unborn baby. Use effective birth control while using this medication. Tell your doctor right away if pregnant while using Alimta.
Breastfeeding women should not use Alimta and for at least 1 week after your last dose.
Alimta drug side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Alimta: hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your face or throat
You must contact your doctor immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Fever or infection: if you have a temperature of 38 ° C or higher, sweating or other signs of infection.
- Feeling chest pain or having a fast heartbeat.
- Pain, redness, swelling in the skin that has been treated for radiation or an ulcer in the mouth.
- Hemopenia: Feeling tired, fainting, becoming breathless or if you look pale.
- Thrombocytopenia: bleeding gums, nose or mouth or any bleeding will not stop, red or pinkish urine, unexpected bruising.
- Pneumonia: Sudden shortness of breath, severe chest pain or cough with bloody sputum.
The most common side effects of Alimta when used alone are:
- Loss of appetite
The most common side effects of Alimta when taken with cisplatin are:
- Swelling or sores in the mouth or sore throat
- Low white blood cell count (leukopenia)
- Low platelet count (thrombocytopenia)
- Low red blood cell count (anemia)
The most common side effects of Alimta when taking pembrolizumab and platinum chemotherapy are:
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
These are not all side effects of Alimta. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist for medical advice about side effects.
Other drug interactions with Alimta
Alimta can harm your kidneys, especially if you also use certain types of medication to treat:
- cancer, osteoporosis,
- organ transplant rejection,
- intestinal disorders,
- pain or arthritis (including aspirin, Tylenol, Advil and Aleve).
Other drugs may interact with pemetrexed, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Tell your doctor about all your current medications and any medications you start or stop using.
Drug Alimta 100mg Pemetrexed cost?
- To know how much the price of Alimta 100mg Pemetrexed cost? Please COMMENT below or Contact index-china 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) buying and selling brand name drugs in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang City, Can Tho City, … nationwide
Where is the Alimta 100mg Pemetrexed taken from?
- Where can I find out where to buy and sell Alimta 100mg Pemetrexed? Please COMMENT below or Contact index-china 0933049874 (Zalo / Facebook / Viber / Whatsapp) buy and sell brand name drugs in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang City, Can Tho City, … nationwide.
Please COMMENT below for our answer to Alimta 100mg Pemetrexed to treat lung cancer.
Note: The article information about Alimta 100mg Pemetrexed is for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the drug on their own, all information on drug use must be directed by a qualified physician.
>> View details: https://index-china.com/product/alimta-medicine-100mg-pemetrexed/
Source: index-china.com aggregate and Drugs.com
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Pharmacy.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.