Primperan medicine 10mg Metoclopramide treats and prevents nausea and vomiting. How much does Primperan Metoclopramide cost? index-china is the address of buying and selling Primperan medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Primperan medicine 10mg Metoclopramide treats and prevents nausea and vomiting
- Brand name: Primperan
- Active ingredient: Metoclopramide
- Content: 10mg
- Package: 1 box of 20 tablets.
- Manufacturer: Sanofi aventis
- Primperan Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices.
Uses / Indications for treatment of Primperan drugs
Primperan is used to treat symptoms:
- Chemotherapy causes nausea and vomiting: Primperan is used to treat nausea and vomiting associated with the use of chemotherapy drugs to treat cancer.
- Gastroparesis: Primperan is used in the treatment of Gastroparesis because it increases stomach emptying and prevents nausea and vomiting.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): Primperan is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux because it increases gastric emptying and reduces reflux of gastric contents.
Primperan is not recommended for use in patients with digestive disorders such as gastrointestinal bleeding, mechanical obstruction, or perforation of the gastrointestinal tract.
The mechanism of action of Metoclopramide
- Metoclopramide belongs to a group of medicines called antiemetic and prokinetic drugs. It works by increasing the movement of food in the stomach and intestines, which prevents stomach acid from flowing back into your esophagus.
- Metoclopramide also prevents nausea and vomiting. It does this by blocking the receptors in your body that are responsible for triggering nausea and vomiting.
- Primperan is not recommended for use in patients allergic to metoclopramide.
- Primperan should not be recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- Primperan should not be used in children under 18 years of age.
Dosage and usage of Primperan
Treatment dosage symptoms of GERD:
- 10 – 15 mg, orally four times daily.
- Duration of treatment: This drug should not be taken longer than 12 weeks.
Dosage of gastroparesis treatment:
- 10 mg orally four times daily
- Duration of treatment: from 2 to 8 weeks.
- Use Primperan exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Each dose is usually taken 30 minutes before a meal.
- Do not stop this medication abruptly without your doctor’s advice, which can make the condition worse.
Warnings and precautions when using Primperan
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Primperan is not recommended for use in patients with digestive disorders such as mechanical bowel obstruction, perforation or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Parkinson’s disease: Primperan should be used with caution in patients with Parkinson’s disease due to an increased risk of parkin-like symptoms such as akinesia, bradykinesia, tremor, drug-induced movement and postural abnormalities.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS): Primperan is known to cause neuroleptic malignant syndrome characterized by hyperthermia (fever), muscle stiffness and altered consciousness.
- Depression: Primperan may cause depression in patients with or without previous history of depression. Any symptoms of suicidal behavior changes or thoughts should be notified to the preferred physician.
- Convulsions: Primperan is not recommended for use in patients with known history of epilepsy.
- Pheochromocytoma: Primperan is not recommended for use in patients with conditions such as pheochromocytoma due to an increased risk of hypertensive crisis (very severe hypertension).
Side effects of Primperan
Common side effects of Primperan:
- Skin rash
- Irregular heartbeat
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Increase breast milk flow
Other drug interactions with Primperan
Taking Primperan with certain medications increases the risk of side effects:
Sedatives, hypnotics, narcotic drugs, antiallergic drugs and sedatives. Including:
Taking any of these medications with Primperan may increase drowsiness.
Monoamine oxydase inhibitors (MAOIs). Including:
Taking these drugs with Primperan may increase your blood pressure.
Drinking alcohol can increase the side effects of drowsiness, dizziness and confusion from Primperan. Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication.
Preserving Primperan 10mg
- Store Primperan at a temperature of about 20 – 25 ° C.
- Keep Primperan out of the reach of children and pets.
Sources of reference Primperan 10mg Metoclopramide
- Source drugs.com primperan article : https://www.drugs.com/international/primperan.html and article metoclopramide: https://www.drugs.com/metoclopramide.html updated October 1, 2019 .
- Source healthline.com article metoclopramide oral tablet : https://www.healthline.com/health/metoclopramide-oral-tablet updated October 1, 2019.
- Source wikipedia.org Metoclopramide article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metoclopramide updated October 1, 2019.
- Source webmd.com article metoclopramide-oral: https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8679/metoclopramide-oral/details updated October 1, 2019 .
- Reputable source index-china.net synthesizes Primperan 10mg Metoclopramide: https://index-china.com/primperan-medicine-10mg-metoclopramide/, updated 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answers to Primperan 10mg Metoclopramide medicine to treat and prevent nausea and vomiting.
Note: Information about Primperan 10mg Metoclopramide drug for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the drug on their own, all information on drug use must be directed by a qualified physician.
Last Updated on