Piracetam medicine treating cognitive decline, improving blood flow and oxygen to the brain to help improve cognition and memory. index-china is the address of buying and selling Piracetam in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
What is piracetam? Indications for treatment of Piracetam?
Piracetam is considered the first nootropic drug of this type. Piracetam is a substance derived from gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) an amino acid and brain chemical.
Piracetam affects your brain and nervous system. It improves blood flow and oxygen to the brain which helps improve cognition and memory.
Piracetam is intended to treat or prevent the following health problems:
- Myocardial Disorders: This drug is used along with other medications to treat a condition in which a patient experiences frequent, uncontrolled and sudden muscle seizures.
- Cognitive impairment: This drug is used to improve cognition and memory in patients with cerebral impairment.
- Other degenerative brain disease: This drug is also frequently used to improve symptoms and quality of life in general such as dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, dyslexia, etc.
Piracetam is also thought to slow down the aging process and promote recovery from alcoholism.
The mechanism of action of Piracetam
Piracetam is a drug in the racetams group, with the chemical name 2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine acetamide. It shares 2-oxo-pyrrolidone base structure with pyroglutamic acid.
Piracetam is a cyclic derivative of GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid). However, Piracetam does not seem to affect your body like GABA. In fact, researchers are still not entirely sure how it works. However, it is thought to work by improving blood and oxygen flow to the brain.
“Piracetam acts on some neurotransmitters such as Acetylcholin, Dopamine. It can then modify the transmission and can help improve the metabolic environment for the good functioning of nerve cells. Therefore, it improves learning and other memory-related activities.
Piraccetam protects the cerebral cortex against oxygen deficiency
- Experimental, Piracetam by increasing the brain’s resistance against hypoxia, has a protective effect against metabolic disorders due to ischemia.
- Piracetam increases Glucose extract and consumption of Glucose independently of oxygen supply, supports the Pentose path and maintains energy synthesis in the brain.
- Piracetam increases the recovery rate due to hypoxia by increasing the sales of inorganic phosphates and by reducing the accumulation of Glucose and Lactic acid.
- Piracetam has been reported to increase ATP levels in the brain by stimulating the conversion of ADP to ATP in both normal and hypoxic conditions.
Piracetam reduces the ability of platelet aggregation and in the case of abnormal erythrocyte hardness, it can restore the deformation and ability to pass through the IC. ”
- Patients allergic to Piracetam or any other component of this medication.
- Patients with impaired hepatic function.
- Patients with severe impairment of renal function.
- The patient suffered a blood vessel rupture and localized bleeding in the brain.
- Patients with Huntington’s disease (a genetic disorder where brain cells die quickly causes mental and physical impairment over time).
- Piracetam is not recommended for use in pregnant and lactating women.
Dosage and usage of Piracetam
Information about Piracetam products
Images of Piracetam pills are available under different brands and other names: dinagen, myocalm, nootropil and qropi.
When you start taking this medicine, your doctor may give you a gradual increase in the dose to make sure you get the best dose to treat your condition.
- Cognitive impairment: 1.2 – 4.8 grams per day
- Dyslexia: 3.3 grams per day
- Mental disorders: 2.4 – 4.8 grams per day
- Myocardial convulsions: 7.2 – 24 grams daily
- Piracetam dosage must be used exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow whole tablet with a glass of water. Do not break or chew the tablet because piracetam has a very bitter taste.
- If you find it hard to swallow, tell your doctor as soon as possible because they can prescribe piracetam in liquid form.
- Piracetam can be used before or after a meal.
Warnings and precautions when using Piracetam
- Kidney disease: This drug should be used with caution in patients with impaired renal function. Appropriate dose adjustment is advised based on the degree of impairment.
- Heart disease: This drug should be used with caution in patients with cardiovascular disease. Any incidence of coagulation disorders should be promptly reported to the doctor.
- Kidney disease: This drug should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. The dosage needs to be modified depending on the level of creatinine clearance. It is not recommended for use in patients with severely impaired renal function.
- Bleeding disorders: This drug should be used with caution in patients with active bleeding disorders. Appropriate tests should be performed to determine safe use of this drug.
- Elderly: This drug should be used with caution in the elderly because the risk of serious side effects is significantly higher.
- Stop using medication suddenly: Do not stop using this medicine suddenly because it can increase severe symptoms in some patients.
Side effects of Piracetam
Piracetam is considered safe with little risk of side effects. In long-term studies, the maximum dose of 24 grams per day did not cause side effects.
Some of the common side effects of piracetam include:
- Weight gain
- Muscle spasms
- Dynamic increase
For more information on any other risks that may be associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medication or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Other drug interactions with Piracetam
- Using Piracetam with some medicines may increase the risk of bleeding, including: Warfarin or Acenvitymarol, Aspirin, …
- Piracetam used with Thyroxine (Thyroid hormone) can cause confusion, discomfort and sleep disorders.
Preservation of Piracetam tablets
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from heat and direct light.
- Keep Piracetam out of the reach of children and pets.
Sources of reference to Piracetam:
Please COMMENT below for our answers on Piracetam for the treatment of cognitive impairment .
Note: Information about Piracetam drugs for the purpose of sharing knowledge is for reference only, patients are not allowed to arbitrarily use the drug, all information on drug use must be directed by a qualified physician.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Pharmacy.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.