Nexium medicine 20mg 40mg esomeprazole treatment of gastroesophageal reflux. You want to know how much does nexium cost 20mg 40mg? You need to buy Nexium 10mg 20mg 40mg esomeprazole gastroesophageal reflux ? index-china is a specialized trading site of Nexium medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Nexium medicine 10mg 20mg 40mg Esomeprazole treats gastroesophageal reflux
- Brand names: Nexium, Nexium mups, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV.
- Active ingredient: Esomeprazole
- Content: 10mg 20mg & 40mg
- Package: 1 box of 28 tablets, box of 14 tablets depending on the market
- Manufacturer: AstraZeneca
- Nexium Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices.
Uses / Indications for treatment of Nexium medicine
Nexium contains a medicine called esomeprazole. This drug belongs to a group of drugs called ‘proton pump inhibitors’. They work by reducing the amount of acid your stomach makes.
Nexium is used to treat the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is where acid from the stomach drains into the duct (tube that connects the throat to the stomach) causing pain, inflammation and heartburn.
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper part of the intestine infected with a bacteria called ‘Helicobacter pylori’: If you have this condition, your doctor will prescribe Nexium with antibiotics. When Nexium and antibiotics are taken together, they work to kill bacteria and let the ulcer heal.
- Stomach ulcers caused by medicines called NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs): Nexium may also be used to prevent stomach ulcers from forming if you are taking NSAIDs.
- Too much acid in the stomach is caused by the growth of the pancreas (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
- Prolonged treatment after preventing recurrence of ulcers with intravenous Nexium.
What is Nexium 10mg ? What medication does Esomeprazole 10mg treat?
- Nexium 10mg is indicated for:
- Children 1-11 years: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Children aged 4 years and older: Combined with antibiotics in the treatment of duodenal ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori.
- Oral Nexium suspension may also be administered to patients who have difficulty swallowing dispersed fluids of anti-gastric Nexium tablets. For indications for patients 12 years of age and older, please see the prescription information of Nexium anti-gastric tablets.
What is Nexium 20mg ? What medication does Esomeprazole 20mg treat?
- Drug Nexium Mups 20mg is used to treat certain stomach problems such as acid reflux esophagitis, peptic ulcer. Nexium medicine will relieve heartburn symptoms, stomach acid damage, prevent ulcers and may help prevent esophageal cancer.
- Nexium anti-gastric tablets 20 mg. Qualitative and quantitative ingredients: Each Nexium 20mg stomach pill contains 28 mg of sucrose, 22.3 mg of magnesium esomeprazole Ampicillin trihydrate is equivalent to 20mg of esomeprazole.
What is Nexium 40mg ? What is the treatment of Esomeprazole 40mg ?
- Drug Nexium Mups 40mg is medication in the digestive tract. Here are some basic information about Nexium 40mg that users should know:
- The main ingredient of Nexium 40mg is the active ingredient Esomeprazole. This substance has the ability to inhibit the proton pump, causing the stomach to reduce acid secretion.
The mechanism of action of Esomeprazole
Esomeprazole is a drug called a proton pump inhibitor. It works by reducing the amount of acid produced by the stomach, to relieve symptoms and allow healing to take place. This does not prevent food from being digested in the usual way.
Contraindications to Nexium
- Do not use Nexium if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- Nexium is not approved for use in children under 1 year of age.
- Nexium should not be used for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Dosage and usage of Nexium
Dosage for adults
- The recommended dose of GERD reflux esophagitis is 40mg once daily for 4 to 8 weeks. After 8 weeks of treatment can be continued at a dose of 20mg once daily for 4 weeks.
- The recommended dose for NERD or heartburn: is 20mg orally once a day for 2-4 weeks. After this, Nexium can be used at a dose of 20mg once daily as needed to control symptoms.
- The dose for treating stomach ulcers associated with NSAID use is: 20 mg once daily for 4 to 8 weeks. To prevent such ulcers the dose is 20mg per day.
- The treatment dose for H. pylori duodenal ulcer is: 20mg twice daily with amoxicillin 1000mg twice daily and clarithromycin 500mg twice daily all for 7 days.
Dosage for children
Children from 12 months – 11 years old
- The treatment dose for reflux esophagitis is: 10mg – 20mg (depending on the weight of the child) once daily for 8 weeks.
- The recommended dose for NERD: is 10mg once daily for up to 8 weeks.
Children from 11-17 years old
- The recommended dose of reflux esophagitis treatment is: 20mg – 40mg once daily for 4 to 8 weeks.
- The recommended dose for NERD is: 20mg once daily for 2-4 weeks.
How to use Nexium (Esomeprazole)
- Use Nexium tablets exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Take Nexium with a glass of water and can be used before or after a meal.
- Swallow whole tablet, do not chew or crush the tablet.
For patients who cannot swallow the tablet whole:
- Nexium can be stirred in half a glass of non-carbonated water until dissolved.
- Drink the liquid containing the small capsules immediately or within 30 minutes.
- To make sure you get the full dose, rinse the glass with more water and drink.
40mg nexium medicine taken before or after eating? Esomeprazole oral medication always good?
- Nexium 40mg is suitable for oral administration before eating. 1 hour before meals is the best time to take Nexium 40mg. At this time, the patient should take medication with a full glass of filtered water. Filtered water can be replaced with cooled boiled water. Do not take Nexium 40mg with carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages (beer, alcohol), …
- When taking Nexium 40mg 1 hour before a meal, the active ingredient Esomeprazole will have time to dissolve in the stomach and take effect. The drug will not take effect immediately after use.
- When taking Nexium 40mg 1 hour before meals, patients will feel heartburn, reflux esophagitis, stomach ache, … improve markedly after meals.
- Taking Nexium 40mg continuously daily and using the right dose helps to completely treat stomach ulcers, reflux and hot flashes of the stomach.
Warnings and precautions when using Nexium
- Bone health: Studies show that using Nexium may increase the risk of fractures, especially for people taking this medication for a year or longer.
- Diarrhea: When stomach acid decreases, the number of normal bacteria in the digestive system increases and can cause gastrointestinal infection.
- Fluid and electrolyte balance: Nexium can cause electrolyte concentrations such as potassium, magnesium and calcium in the blood to change while taking this medication.
- Liver function: Patients with a history of liver disease or reduced liver function may cause this drug to build up in the body, causing side effects.
- Aggravation of stomach and intestine: Nexium can make the condition of stomach and intestines more serious.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency: Long-term use of Nexium can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Side effects of Nexium
Common Nexium side effects may include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Skin rash, itchy skin
- Dry mouth
These side effects are usually mild.
Tell your doctor right away if you notice any of the following:
- Blurred vision
- Mood changes, confusion or depression
- Muscle pain or muscle weakness, joint pain
- Increase breast size (male)
- Increased sweating
- Change sleeping patterns
- Blood in urine
- Skin reactions, especially in areas exposed to the sun
Side effects may need medical attention.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Other drug interactions with Nexium 40mg
Do not use Nexium if you are taking the following medications:
- Atazanavir and nelfinavir: drugs used to treat viral infections such as HIV
- Cilostazol: a drug used to treat intermittent stuffiness
Some medicines can interfere with Nexium. Including:
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole and voriconazole: drugs used to treat fungal infections
- Diazepam: a medicine used to treat anxiety and other illnesses
- Phenytoin: a drug used to treat epilepsy or appropriately
- Citalopram, clomipramine and imipramine: drugs used to treat depression
- St john’s wort: an herbal remedy used to treat mood disorders
- Clarithromycin and rifampicin: drugs used to treat infections
- Warfarin and clopidogrel: drugs used to prevent blood clots
- Digoxin: a drug used to treat heart disease
- Methotrexate: a drug used to treat arthritis and certain types of cancer
- Tacrolimus and mycophenolate mofetil: drugs used to support organ transplants
- Erlotinib or related medicines used to treat cancer
These drugs may be affected by Nexium or may affect its effectiveness.
Preserving drug Nexium
- Do not store Nexium at temperatures above 30 ° C.
- Keep Nexium out of the reach of children and pets.
Reference source Nexium 20mg 40mg Esomeprazole
- Source drugs.com nexium article : https://www.drugs.com/nexium.html updated September 23, 2019 .
- Source wikipedia.org Esomeprazole article : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esomeprazole updated November 22, 2019.
- Source rexall.ca Nexium article : https://www.rexall.ca/articles/view/1259/Nexium updated September 23, 2019 .
- Source medicinenet.com article esomeprazole (Nexium) : https://www.medicinenet.com/esomeprazole/article.htm updated September 23, 2019.
- Source medicines.org.uk article Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Capsules, Hard : https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2611/smpc updated November 21, 2019.
- Source rxlist.com article consumer esomeprazole nexium: https://www.rxlist.com/consumer_esomeprazole_nexium/drugs-condition.htm updated November 21, 2019.
A reputable source index-china.com synthesizes the article Nexium 20mg 40mg Esomeprazole drug to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease: https://index-china.com/nexium-medicine-10mg-20mg-40mg-esomeprazole/, updated 14/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answers about Nexium 20mg 40mg Esomeprazole medicine for gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Note: Article information on Nexium 20mg 40mg Esomeprazole for sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the drug themselves, all information on drug use must be directed by a qualified physician .
Frequently asked questions about nexium 10mg 20mg 40mg Esomeprazole
Question 1: When is it good to take nexium 40mg? before or after eating?
Answer 1: Nexium 40mg is suitable for drinking before eating. 1 hour before meals is the best time to take Nexium 40mg. At this time, the patient should take medication with a full glass of filtered water. Filtered water can be replaced with cooled boiled water. Do not take Nexium 40mg with carbonated beverages, alcoholic beverages (beer, alcohol), …
When taking Nexium 40mg 1 hour before a meal, the active ingredient Esomeprazole will have time to dissolve in the stomach and take effect.
Question 2: How much does nexium 10mg 20mg 40mg 40mg Esomeprazole? Where to buy Nexium medicine?
Answer 2: The price of nexium 10mg 20mg 40mg Esomeprazole depends on the manufacturing company, imported products named Nexium or cheap Vietnamese-made formula.
LP drugs announce the price of genuine drug AstraZeneca:
• Nexium Sac 10mg 28 packs priced at VND 690,000.
• Nexium 20mg with 14 pills costing VND 320,000.
• Nexium Mups 20mg box of 14 pills cost VND 320,000
• Nexium 40mg box of 1 vial costs VND 176,000.
• Nexium Mups 40mg box of 14 pills priced at VND 360,000.
Buy Nexium 40mg at pharmacies nationwide, the address closest to your home.
Bác sĩ Trần Ngọc Anh chuyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa; Nội tổng hợp-u hóa đã có hơn 10 năm kinh nghiệm chẩn đoán và điều trị.
Hiện đang công tác tại bệnh viện ĐH Y Dược Hà Nội Bác sĩ cũng hỗ trợ tư vấn sức khỏe tại Website ThuocLP Vietnamese health.
- Tốt nghiệp hệ Bác sĩ đa khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội (2011)
- Tốt nghiệp Thạc sỹ chuyên ngành Nội khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội (2013).
Qua trình làm việc và công tác:
- 2012 – 2014: Công tác tại Bệnh viện Bạch Mai.
- 2014 – Nay: Công tác tại bệnh viên ĐH y dược Hà Nội Khoa Nội tổng hợp-u hóa huyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa.
- Năm 2019 bác sĩ Trần Ngọc Anh đồng ý là bác sĩ tư vấn sức khỏe cho website thuoclp.com.
Chứng chỉ chuyên ngành: Nội soi tiêu hoá thông thường, Nội soi tiêu hoá can thiệp, Siêu âm tiêu hoá thông thường, Siêu âm tiêu hoá can thiệp (BV Bạch Mai), Bệnh lý gan mạn.