Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory Meloxicam (NSAID) medicine for pain relief. How much does Meloxicam 7.5mg cost 15mg? index-china is the address of buying and selling Meloxicam medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are widely used to treat acute pain and chronic, chronic arthritis diseases.
What is meloxicam? Indications for Meloxicam medicine treatment ?
Meloxicam is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to relieve acute pain and reduce symptoms of arthritis such as inflammation, swelling, stiffness and joint pain.
The use of Meloxicam
Meloxicam tablets are used for:
Short-term treatment of symptoms of acute attacks of osteoarthritis
Long-term treatment of symptoms of:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis (a disease of the spine)
Meloxicam does not cure arthritis, it only helps to relieve pain as long as you continue using it.
The mechanism of action of Meloxicam
Meloxicam belongs to a class of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which works by blocking the enzymes responsible for creating prostate glands, compounds that contribute to inflammation, especially arthritis.
By reducing the level of prostaglandin, a hormone-like substance that often causes inflammation, inflammation and other symptoms can be reduced.
- Are allergic to Meloxicam, Aspirin or to other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Children and adolescents under 18 should not use Meloxicam.
- Do not use Meloxicam in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG).
- Do not use Meloxicam for pregnant or lactating women.
- As with all NSAIDs, Meloxicam is contraindicated in patients with recent cerebrovascular stroke or systemic bleeding disorders.
Dosage and usage of Meloxicam
Meloxicam drug products
- Imaging drug Meloxicam 7.5mg
- Imaging drug Meloxicam 15mg
Meloxicam should be used at the lowest dose and for the shortest duration suitable for effective treatment.
- The maximum recommended daily dose of Meloxicam is 15 mg and should not be exceeded.
- In patients with an increased risk of adverse reactions, for example, a history of gastrointestinal disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease, treatment should be started at 7.5 mg / day and increased to 15 mg / days only when clinically reasonable.
- The recommended meloxicam dose is: 7.5 mg orally once a day.
- Depending on the full response, the severity of the patient’s arthritis condition, the dose may be increased to 15 mg / day.
- The recommended meloxicam dose is: 15 mg orally once a day.
- Depending on the level of response and severity of the condition, the dose may be reduced to 7.5 mg / day.
Do not take in larger or smaller amounts than directed by your doctor.
Take both Meloxicam pills with a glass of water. This medication should be used immediately after a meal to minimize gastrointestinal side effects.
Also, wait at least 30 minutes after taking meloxicam before lying down to help prevent stomach pain.
Warnings and precautions when using Meloxicam
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Meloxicam should be used with caution in patients with a known history of gastrointestinal disease due to an increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and perforation after prolonged use.
- Renal dysfunction: Meloxicam should be used with caution in patients with a history of kidney disease due to an increased risk of serious side effects.
- Impaired liver function: Meloxicam should be used with caution in patients with a history of liver disease due to an increased risk of serious side effects.
- Asthma: Meloxicam is not recommended for use in patients with a history of asthma sensitive to NSAIDs.
- Cardiovascular disease: Meloxicam should be used with extreme caution in patients with a history of cardiovascular disease due to an increased risk of cardiovascular thrombotic events including heart attack and stroke.
- Hypertension: Meloxicam should be used with caution in patients with a history of hypertension due to an increased risk of serious side effects.
- Fluid retention: Meloxicam should be used with extreme caution in patients with preexisting water retention due to an increased risk of serious side effects.
- Skin allergies: Meloxicam can cause serious and fatal skin allergies without any warning.
Side effects of Meloxicam
Common side effects that can occur when using meloxicam include:
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Itching or rash
If these effects are mild, they may disappear within days or weeks. If they get worse or don’t go away, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Stop using meloxicam and call your doctor at once if you have serious side effects such as:
- Chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slow speech, vision or balance problems;
- The stool is black, bloody or tarry
- Coughing up blood or vomiting like coffee grounds
- Swelling or rapid weight gain
- Urinating less than usual or not at all
- Nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice or eyes
- Skin rash, bruising, intense tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness
- Severe skin reaction: fever, sore throat, swelling in the face or tongue, burning in the eyes, skin pain, followed by widespread red or purple skin rash (especially in the face or upper body) and cause swelling blistering and peeling.
Other drug interactions with Meloxicam
- Taking meloxicam with some antidepressant and anxiety medications increases the risk of bleeding, such as citalopram, venlafaxine.
- Taking meloxicam with corticosteroids may increase the risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding like: prednisone, dexamethasone.
- Taking pemetrexed cancer medicine with meloxicam may increase the risk of infections, kidney problems and stomach problems.
- Taking methotrexate anti-rheumatic drugs with meloxicam may increase the level of methotrexate in your body. This can lead to kidney problems and an increased risk of infection.
- Taking warfarin blood thinning medication with meloxicam increases the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Taking lithium coercive medication with meloxicam can cause dangerously high levels of lithium in the blood.
- Taking blood pressure medications with meloxicam may reduce the antihypertensive effects of these drugs such as candesartan, valsartan, benazepril, captopril, propranolol, atenolol.
- Taking certain diuretics with meloxicam may reduce the effects of these drugs: hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide.
- Meloxicam is an NSAID, combining it with other NSAIDs that may increase the risk of your side effects such as stomach bleeding or ulcers, including: aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, etodolac, diclofenac, fenoprofen, ketoprofen, tolmetin, indomethacin.
Preserving drug Meloxicam
- Keep Meloxicam in a cool dry place, where the temperature maintains below 25 degrees C.
- Meloxicam should not be stored under heat or direct sunlight.
- Keep your Meloxicam where children and pets cannot reach them.
Sources of reference Meloxicam drug:
- Source drugs.com Meloxicam article : https://www.drugs.com/meloxicam.html , last updated on 4/1/2019.
- Source healthline.com article Meloxicam, Oral Tablet : https://www.healthline.com/health/meloxicam-oral-tablet , updated November 14, 2018.
- Prestigious source index-china.com synthesizes the article Meloxicam 7.5mg 15mg nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for pain relief: https://index-china.com/meloxicam-medicine-7-5mg-15mg-nonsteroidal-anti-inflammatory-nsaid/, updated 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answer to Meloxicam 7.5mg 15mg nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for pain relief
Note: Information about Meloxicam’s article for the purpose of sharing knowledge is for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the drug at their own will, all drug use information must be prescribed by a qualified physician.
Bác sĩ Trần Ngọc Anh chuyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa; Nội tổng hợp-u hóa đã có hơn 10 năm kinh nghiệm chẩn đoán và điều trị.
Hiện đang công tác tại bệnh viện ĐH Y Dược Hà Nội Bác sĩ cũng hỗ trợ tư vấn sức khỏe tại Website ThuocLP Vietnamese health.
- Tốt nghiệp hệ Bác sĩ đa khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội (2011)
- Tốt nghiệp Thạc sỹ chuyên ngành Nội khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội (2013).
Qua trình làm việc và công tác:
- 2012 – 2014: Công tác tại Bệnh viện Bạch Mai.
- 2014 – Nay: Công tác tại bệnh viên ĐH y dược Hà Nội Khoa Nội tổng hợp-u hóa huyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa.
- Năm 2019 bác sĩ Trần Ngọc Anh đồng ý là bác sĩ tư vấn sức khỏe cho website thuoclp.com.
Chứng chỉ chuyên ngành: Nội soi tiêu hoá thông thường, Nội soi tiêu hoá can thiệp, Siêu âm tiêu hoá thông thường, Siêu âm tiêu hoá can thiệp (BV Bạch Mai), Bệnh lý gan mạn.