HepBest medicine 25mg Tenofovir Alafenamide fights HIV and hepatitis B (HBV). How much does Hepbest 25mg Mylan cost? index-china is the address of HepBest medicine trading in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
HepBest medicine 25mg Tenofovir Alafenamide against HIV and hepatitis B (HBV)
- Brand name: HepBest
- Active ingredient: Tenofovir Alafenamide
- Content: 25mg
- Package: 1 box of 30 tablets
- Manufacturer: MyLan
- HepBest Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices.
Uses / Indications for treatment of HepBest
Hepbest belongs to a class of antiviral drugs called reverse transcriptase inhibitors. It is used to treat:
- HIV infection: HepBest is used in combination with other drugs to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
- Hepatitis B: HepBest is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus infection (HBV)
Hepbest is not a cure for HIV or HBV, it just prevents the virus from multiplying and the ability to infect other liver cells in your body.
The mechanism of action of Tenofovir Alafenamide
Tenofovir Alafenamide is an antiviral drug. It works by preventing the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) from multiplying. This helps reduce the risk of developing acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and other HIV and HBV related diseases.
- HepBest should not be used in patients who are allergic to any of the ingredients in the drug.
- HepBest is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women.
- Do not use HepBest for children under 12 and weighing under 35kg.
Dosage and usage of HepBest
- The recommended dose of HepBest is: 25 mg (1 tablet) orally once a day.
- Use HepBest as directed by your doctor.
- Take the tablet whole with a glass of water, do not chew or crush the tablet.
- HepBest should be taken immediately after a meal, as this increases the absorption of the drug into the body.
Warnings and precautions when using HepBest
- Hepatotoxicity: Patients with liver disease who are treated for hepatitis B with antiviral drugs are at high risk for serious and potentially fatal liver complications.
- Renal dysfunction : HepBest should be used with extreme caution in patients with kidney disease due to an increased risk of worsening the patient’s condition.
- Immune reconstitution syndrome: HepBest should be used with caution due to an increased risk of immune reconstitution syndrome.
- Lactic acidosis : HepBest should be used with caution due to an increased risk of lactic acidosis.
- Decreased bone density : HepBest should be used with caution due to an increased risk of decreased bone density.
Close monitoring of liver function and kidney function is needed while using HepBest.
HepBest side effects
Spectral side effects when using HepBest include:
- Decreased serum phosphate level
- Decreased bone density
- The level of amylase and lipase increases
Other drug interactions with HepBest
Do not take HepBest with other medicines containing:
- Tenofovir alafenamide
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- Adefovir dipivoxil
Some medicines that interact with HepBest can cause serious side effects, including:
- Antibiotics used to treat infections including tuberculosis: rifabutin, rifampicin or rifapentine
- Antiviral medications used to treat hiv such as: ritonavir or cobicistat increase darunavir, lopinavir or atazanavir
- Anticonvulsants are used to treat epilepsy such as carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital or phenytoin
- Herbal medicine used to treat depression and anxiety: john’s wort (hypericum perforatum)
- Antifungal drugs used to treat fungal infections: ketoconazole or itraconazole
Preservation of HepBest 25mg medication
- Store HepBest at room temperature below 25 ° C.
- Keep HepBest out of the reach of children and pets.
Reference source of Hepbest 25mg Tenofovir Alafanamid.
- Source medicines.org.au article Tenofovir Disoproxil Mylan : http://www.medicines.org.au/product.cfm?type=cmi&handle=afctenom updated September 25, 2019 .
- Source drugs.com article tenofovir alafenamide : https://www.drugs.com/cdi/tenofovir-alafenamide.html updated September 25, 2019 .
- Source wikipedia.org article tenofovir alafenamide : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenofovir_alafenamide updated September 25, 2019 .
- Prestigious source index-china.com article HepBest 25mg Tenofovir Alafenamid : https://index-china.com/hepbest-medicine-25mg-tenofovir-alafenamid/, Updated 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answers to the HepBest 25mg Tenofovir Alafenamid medicine to treat HIV and hepatitis B virus (HBV).
Note: The article information about HepBest 25mg medication Tenofovir Alafenamid for the purpose of sharing reference information, patients are not allowed to use the drug themselves, all information on drug use must be directed to a qualified physician .
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Pharmacy.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.