Glucosamine treats osteoarthritis and arthritis. index-china is the address of buying and selling Glucosamine medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Glucosamine includes the types found in nutritional supplements: Glucosamine sulfate, Glucosamine hydrochloride and N-acetyl-glucosamine.
What is glucosamine?
- Glucosamine is a natural component of cartilage, a substance that prevents bones from rubbing together and causing pain and inflammation. It can also help prevent cartilage breakdown that may occur with arthritis.
- In the supplement form Glucosamine, made from shellfish or prepared in the laboratory, is a natural compound that is chemically classified as an amino sugar.
- There are several forms of Glucosamine including: Glucosamine sulfate, Glucosamine hydrochloride and N-acetyl glucosamine.
Uses of Glucosamine
In alternative medicine, Glucosamine can help solve the following health problems:
- High cholesterol
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Viêm xương khớp
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (also known as “TMD” or “TMJ”)
Glucosamine can be used as a single supplement, but it is most commonly combined with other supplements, especially Chondroitin, a protein that comes from shark or cow cartilage.
The mechanism of action of Glucosamine
Glucosamine is found naturally in your body. It plays an important role in creating glycosaminoglycan and glycoprotein, which are essential building blocks of many parts of the joints, including ligaments, tendons, cartilage and synovial fluid. It is thought that the way these parts of the joints are built and maintained contributes to the development and progression of osteoarthritis.
Animal studies have found that glucosamine delivery can delay cartilage breaking as well as regenerate it.
Dosage and usage of Glucosamine
There is no standard recommended dose for this medication. Glucosamine is available without a prescription.
Supplements are often sold in capsules and capsules, and are often accompanied by other supplements that may be effective for pain relief.
For osteoarthritis, the following doses have been studied:
- Oral tablet: 1,500 mg once daily, two 750 mg doses or three 500 mg doses
- Topical cream: A cream containing 30 mg / gram of glucosamine sulfate, 50 mg / gram of chondroitin sulfate, 140 mg / gram of chondroitin sulfate is applied to the skin as needed for 8 weeks.
- Injection: 400 mg of glucosamine sulfate is injected into the muscle twice weekly for 6 weeks.
Information Glucosamine products
Glucosamine supplements are sold as: Glucosamine sulfate, Glucosamine hydrochloride and N-acetyl-glucosamine . Most studies showing benefits have used glucosamine sulfate, but there is no clinical evidence to support the use of N-acetyl glucosamine in the treatment of arthritis.
Glucosamine is often combined with chondroitin sulfate, a naturally occurring molecule in cartilage. Chondroitin gives cartilage elasticity and is thought to prevent cartilage destruction by enzymes. In some cases glucosamine is also combined with methylsulfonylmethane (or MSM) in nutritional supplements.
Imaging drug Glucosamine sulfate
Glucosamine hydrochloride drug picture
N-acetyl-glucosamine drug image
Warnings and precautions when using Glucosamine
- Diabetes: Glucosamine should be used with caution in patients with a known history of diabetes due to an increased risk of changes in blood glucose levels.
- Hyperlipidemia: Glucosamine should be used with caution in patients with a history of hyperlipidemia due to an increased risk of worsening the patient’s condition.
- Use in children: Glucosamine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents because the safety and effectiveness of its use have not been clinically established.
Side effects of Glucosamine
When used in appropriate amounts, Glucosamine sulfate appears to be safe. Oral glucosamine sulfate may cause:
- Skin reaction
Because Glucosamine products can be obtained from the shells of shellfish, there is concern that supplements may cause an allergic reaction in people with shellfish allergies.
Glucosamine can aggravate asthma.
Glucosamine sulfate may affect your blood sugar, which can affect blood sugar control during and after surgery. Stop taking Glucosamine sulfate two weeks before you need to have surgery.
Other drug interactions with Glucosamine
Other drug interactions with Glucosamine may include:
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol): Taking Glucosamine sulfate and Acetaminophen together can reduce the effectiveness of both supplements and medications.
- Warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven): Glucosamine alone or in combination with Chondroitin supplements may increase the effect of warfarin anticoagulants. This may increase your risk of bleeding.
Sources of references Glucosamine:
- Source Drugs.com article Glucosamine : https://www.drugs.com/mtm/glucosamine.html , updated March 18, 2019.
- Source Verywellhealth.com article The Health Benefits of Glucosamine : https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-benefits-of-glucosamine-88809 , Updated October 24, 2019 .
- Prestigious source index-china.com summarizes the article Glucosamine for treating osteoarthritis : https://index-china.com/glucosamine-treats-osteoarthritis/, updated 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answers on Glucosamine for osteoarthritis and arthritis treatment .
Note: Information about Glucosamine article for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the drug themselves, all information on drug use must follow the appointment of a specialized physician.
Bác sĩ Trần Ngọc Anh chuyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa; Nội tổng hợp-u hóa đã có hơn 10 năm kinh nghiệm chẩn đoán và điều trị.
Hiện đang công tác tại bệnh viện ĐH Y Dược Hà Nội Bác sĩ cũng hỗ trợ tư vấn sức khỏe tại Website ThuocLP Vietnamese health.
- Tốt nghiệp hệ Bác sĩ đa khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội (2011)
- Tốt nghiệp Thạc sỹ chuyên ngành Nội khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội (2013).
Qua trình làm việc và công tác:
- 2012 – 2014: Công tác tại Bệnh viện Bạch Mai.
- 2014 – Nay: Công tác tại bệnh viên ĐH y dược Hà Nội Khoa Nội tổng hợp-u hóa huyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa.
- Năm 2019 bác sĩ Trần Ngọc Anh đồng ý là bác sĩ tư vấn sức khỏe cho website thuoclp.com.
Chứng chỉ chuyên ngành: Nội soi tiêu hoá thông thường, Nội soi tiêu hoá can thiệp, Siêu âm tiêu hoá thông thường, Siêu âm tiêu hoá can thiệp (BV Bạch Mai), Bệnh lý gan mạn.