Crestor medicine 5mg 10mg 20mg Crestor reduces high cholesterol treatment. How much does Crestor Rosuvastatin cost? index-china is a trading site of Crestor in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
- Brand name: Crestor
- Active ingredient: Rosuvastatin
- Content: Crestor 5mg, Crestor 10mg, Crestor 20mg
- Package: 1 box of 28 tablets
- Manufacturer: AstraZeneca
- Crestor Drug Price: COMMENT below for prices.
Uses / Indications for treatment of Crestor
Crestor belongs to a class of drugs called statins, which is used to control cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood:
- Hyperlipidemia: Crestor is used to treat hyperlipidemia, a condition characterized by high blood lipid levels.
- Type III hyperlipidemia : Crestor is used to treat Type III hyperlipidemia, an inherited disorder characterized by improper lipid breakdown, causing lipid accumulation in the body.
- Hypertriglyceridemia : Crestor is used in the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia, a condition characterized by elevated triglyceride levels, a type of fat.
- Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia : Crestor is used in the treatment of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, an inherited disorder characterized by high cholesterol levels.
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease : Crestor is used to reduce the rate of heart attacks by reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Stroke prevention : Crestor is used to reduce stroke rates by reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body.
The mechanism of action of Rosuvastatin
- Rosuvastatin belongs to a class of drugs called HMG CoA reducing enzymes (“statins”). It works by blocking enzymes in the liver that make cholesterol. This lowers the level of harmful cholesterol (LDL) and raises the level of good cholesterol (HDL).
- Crestor (Rosuvastatin) used to support exercise and dietary changes is not enough to lower cholesterol.
- Crestor is not recommended for use in patients with known allergy to rosuvastatin
- Active liver disease: Crestor is not recommended for use in patients with liver disease due to an increased risk of serious side effects.
- Crestor should not be used in women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Crestor is not recommended for use by children under 6 years old.
Dosage and usage Crestor
Prevent heart attacks and strokes
- The usual dose for adults is: 20mg once daily.
- Sometimes a lower dose may be prescribed.
- The starting dose for adults and children is: 5 – 10mg once daily.
- If necessary, the doctor may increase the dose every 4 weeks up to 20mg daily.
Very high cholesterol
- Specialists can prescribe doses higher than 40mg per day.
- This dosage is not suitable for everyone.
The maximum dose for children is 20mg per day.
- Use Crestor exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Crestor may be taken before or after meals.
- While taking Crestor you also need to follow a low-fat diet, control your weight and exercise regularly.
- Do not abruptly stop Crestor without a doctor’s appointment, as cholesterol and triglyceride levels may rise again.
Warnings and precautions when using Crestor
- Diabetes: Crestor should be used with caution in patients with diabetes due to an increased risk of changes in blood sugar.
- Rhabdomyolysis : Crestor is not recommended for use in patients with rhabdomyolysis due to an increased risk of renal failure and death.
- Cognitive impairment: Crestor may cause forgetfulness, memory loss, confusion, etc. in some patients. These side effects are reversible and usually disappear after drug withdrawal.
- Alcohol consumption: Crestor can cause liver and kidney damage in patients who drink alcohol very often and in large quantities. Therefore, alcohol consumption should be avoided during treatment with this drug.
- Liver function: Crestor may impair liver function, including liver failure.
- Kidney function: If you have impaired kidney function or kidney disease, discussing with your doctor before using Crestor may increase the severity of the disease.
Side effects of Crestor
Common Crestor side effects include:
- Muscle and joint pain
- Abdominal pain and nausea
- High sugar concentration
- Lost memory
- Blood in urine
- Skin redness especially on the face and neck
When you start taking this medication, contact your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of liver problems, including:
- Feeling too tired
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Upper abdominal pain
- Jaundice or eyes
Other drug interactions with Crestor
The following medications may increase your risk of muscle problems if you take them with Crestor, including:
- Cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral or Sandimmune)
- Gemfibrozil (Lopid) should not be combined
- Fenofibric Acid (Fibricor or Trilipix)
- Fenofibrate (Antara, Phenoglide, Lipofen, Lofibra, Tricor hoặc Triglide)
Other drugs used to treat HIV can increase serious effects, including:
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Lopinavir / ritonavir (Kaletra)
- Saquinavir (Invirase)
Many other drugs should be combined with caution with Crestor, including: warfarin (Coumadin or Jantoven), cimetidine (Tagamet), ketoconazole (Nizoral) and birth control pills.
Should not be used with any other statin such as: atorvastatin (Lipitor), lovastatin (Mevacor), Pravastatin (Pravachol) or simvastatin (Zocor or Vytorin).
- Grapefruit juice or grapefruit has been known to interact with this medication, leading to serious problems.
- You should avoid drinking alcohol because it can increase triglyceride levels and increase the risk of liver damage.
- Do not take aluminum and magnesium hydroxide antacids, such as Mylanta and Maalox, within two hours after using this medicine.
Preserving drug Crestor
- Store Crestor in a cool, dry place, maintained at below 30 ° C.
- Keep Crestor in a place where children or pets cannot reach.
Crestor reference source
- Source practo.com article crestor 10 mg tablet : https://www.practo.com/medicine-info/crestor-10-mg-tablet-3257 updated September 27, 2019.
- Source medicines.org.uk article Crestor 10mg film-coated tablets : https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7559/pil updated September 27, 2019.
- Prestigious source of index-china.com synthesizes the article Crestor 5mg 10mg 20mg Rosuvastatin: https://index-china.com/crestor-medicine-5mg-10mg-20mg-rosuvastatin/, updated 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answer to Crestor 5mg 10mg 20mg Rosuvastatin medicine to treat high cholesterol.
Note: Information about Crestor 5mg 10mg and 20mg Rosuvastatin for sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the medication themselves, all information on drug use must be directed to a specialist physician subjects.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Vietnamese health.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.