Coversyl medicine 5mg Perindopril arginine is used to treat high blood pressure, heart failure and coronary artery disease. How much do you need to know Coversyl 5mg ? index-china is an address specializing in buying and selling Coversyl medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Coversyl medicine 5mg Perindopril arginine treats high blood pressure, heart failure and coronary artery disease.
- Brand name: Coversyl
- Active ingredient: Perindopril arginine
- Content: 5mg
- Package: 1 box of 30 tablets
- Manufacturer: Servier
- Coversyl Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices.
Uses / Indications for the treatment of Coversyl medicine
- Coversyl is used to reduce high blood pressure due to genetic or environmental factors.
- Coversyl is used to treat heart failure because it cannot pump blood strongly enough to provide all the blood needed throughout the body.
- Coversyl is used in the treatment of stable coronary artery disease to reduce the risk of cardiovascular death and heart attack.
- Coversyl helps control blood pressure, heart failure or coronary artery disease but is not curable.
The mechanism of action of Perindopril arginine
Perindopril arginine is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by helping to relax blood vessels, this allows blood to flow smoothly and lower blood pressure.
- Do not use Coversyl for patients who are allergic to any of the ingredients in the medication.
- Coversyl should not be used for pregnant and lactating women.
- Use of Coversyl in children and adolescents under 18 years is not recommended.
Dosage and usage of Coversyl
High Blood Pressure
- The recommended dosage is: 5 mg once daily. After a month, this can be increased to 10 mg once daily if necessary. 10 mg daily is the maximum recommended dose for high blood pressure.
- Patients over 65 years: The usual starting dose is 2.5 mg once daily. After one month may increase to 5 mg once a day and then if necessary to 10 mg once a day.
- Initial dose is: 2.5 mg once daily.
- After two weeks may increase: 5 mg once a day, this is the maximum recommended dose for heart failure.
Stable coronary artery disease
- The starting dose is: 5 mg once daily. After two weeks it may be increased to 10 mg once daily, this is the maximum recommended dose in this indication.
- Patients older than 65 years: the usual starting dose is 2.5 mg once daily. After one week it may be increased to 5 mg once daily and after another week to 10 mg daily.
Use Coversyl Dugs as directed by your doctor.
Coversyl is usually used once a day.
Take the tablet whole with water, preferably in the morning before meals.
Warnings and precautions when using Coversyl
- Bone marrow suppression: Coversyl should be used with caution in patients with bone marrow suppression due to an increased risk of worsening the patient’s condition.
- Liver disease: Coversyl should be used with caution in patients with liver disease due to an increased risk of side effects.
- Renal dysfunction: Coversyl should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease due to an increased risk of worsening the patient’s condition.
- Low blood pressure: Coversyl can cause low blood pressure, especially when used in combination with other high blood pressure medications.
- Hyperkalemia: Coversyl can significantly increase the concentration of potassium in the blood. This can cause serious side effects.
- Angioedema : Coversyl is not recommended for use in patients with a history of angiotensin converting enzyme-induced angioedema or hereditary angioedema due to an increased risk of worsening the patient’s condition.
- Surgery and general anesthesia: Coversyl should be used with caution in patients undergoing surgery or under general anesthesia due to an increased risk of very low blood pressure.
Side effects of Coversyl
Coversyl’s common side effects
- Slight dizziness
- Mild diarrhea
- Pain in arms or legs
- Ho khan
- Mild stomach pain
Coversyl’s serious side effects
- Dizziness, fainting or severe dizziness
- Change of vision
- Swelling of hands, ankles, feet or lower legs
- Signs of infection, which may include fever, sore throat or chills
- Jaundice or eyes
- Dark urine
- Light stool
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle aches, weakness or cramps
- Weakness on one side of the body
- Red, swollen, blistering or peeling skin
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain, jaw or arm pain
- Reduced urination or difficulty
- Fast, slow or irregular heartbeat
- Sudden, intense headache
- Signs of anaphylaxis, severe allergic reaction may include: itching, hives, difficulty swallowing or breathing, hoarseness, chest tightness, or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue or throat.
Tell your doctor right away if you experience any of the symptoms listed in the Coveryl Warnings section for any of the serious side effects above.
Other drug interactions with Coversyl
Aliskiren : Do not use in combination with aliskiren Coveryl due to increased risk of serious side effects.
Some other medicines that can interact with Coveryl cause serious side effects, including:
- Gengraf, Neoral or Sandimmune (cyclosporine)
- Thiazide diuretics (water pills)
- Litva (lithium)
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) such as Advil or Motrin (ibuprofen) and Indocin (indomethacin)
- Insulin and other diabetes medications
- Yellow injection for arthritis
- Over-the-counter medications that contain stimulants (may include weight loss pills and cold medicines)
High potassium diets should be avoided during treatment with this drug due to an increased risk of serious side effects.
Preservation of Coversyl 5mg tablets
- Store Coversyl at temperatures below 30 degrees Celsius.
- Keep Coversyl out of the reach of children and pets.
Sources of Coversyl medicine 5mg Perindopril arginine
- Source: medicines.org.uk article Coversyl Arginine 2.5 mg Film-coated Tablets : https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6224/pil updated September 21, 2019 .
- Source drugs.com posts Coversyl : https://www.drugs.com/international/coversyl.html updated 9/21/2019.
- Prestigious source index-china.com synthesizes the article Coversyl 5mg Perindopril arginine for high blood pressure, heart failure and coronary artery disease : https://index-china.com/coversyl-medicine-5mg-perindopril-arginine/ ,updated 14/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answers to Coversyl 5mg Perindopril arginine medicine to treat high blood pressure, heart failure and coronary artery disease.
Note: Information about the article of Coversyl 5mg perindopril arginine for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the medication themselves, all information on drug use must be directed by a qualified physician. .
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Vietnamese health.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.