Coveram medicine 5mg/5mg Perindopril arginine & Amlodipine treat hypertension or coronary heart disease. index-china is a specialized trading site of Nexium medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Coveram medicine 5mg/5mg Perindopril arginine & Amlodipine for hypertension or coronary heart disease.
- Brand name: Coveram
- Active ingredient: Perindopril arginine & Amlodipine
- Content: 5mg / 5mg
- Package: 1 box of 30 tablets
- Manufacturer: Servier
- Coveram Drug Prices: COMMENT below for prices.
Uses / Indications for the treatment of drug Coveram
Coveram is used to treat hypertension. Reducing blood pressure reduces the risk of complications, such as stroke or heart attack.
Coveram is also used to reduce the risk of death or heart attack if you have stable coronary artery disease.
Mechanism of action of Perindopril arginine & Amlodipine
- Coveram contains active ingredient perindopril arginine: Perindopril belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE).
- Coveram also contains the active ingredient amlodipine ambilate: Amlodipine belongs to a group of drugs called calcium channel blockers. Calcium channel blockers do not change the amount of calcium in your blood or bones.
- Coveram works by helping your blood vessels relax and expand, relieving pressure in the vessels that make it easier for your heart to pump blood throughout your body. This lowers your blood pressure.
- Do not use Coveram for patients who are allergic to any components of the drug.
- Coveram is not recommended for use by pregnant and lactating women.
- Coveram is not recommended for use by children under 18 years of age.
Dosage and usage of Coveram
Dosage for hypertension
- Initial dose: 4 mg orally once daily.
- Usual dosage: 4 – 8 mg orally once daily or in divided doses.
Your doctor may change the dose based on your blood pressure. Maximum dose is 16mg.
Dosage for coronary heart disease
- Initial dose: 4 mg orally once daily for two weeks.
- Increase the next dose: Your doctor may increase the dose to 8 mg once daily if tolerated.
- Use Coveram medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Coveram oral tablet is used for long-term treatment.
- Coveram should be taken on an empty stomach, before meals.
- Using Coveram at the same time every day will work best.
Warnings and precautions when using Coveram
- Angioedema (swelling): Coveram can cause sudden swelling of your face, arms, legs, lips, tongue, throat and intestines. This can be fatal.
- Low blood pressure warning: Coveram may cause low blood pressure, especially during the first few days of treatment.
- Cough: Coveram can cause a persistent cough. It will go away when you stop taking this medicine.
Side effects of Coveram
Some of the common side effects that can occur when using Coveram include:
- Stomach pain
- Low blood pressure, can make you feel dizzy or faint
If these effects are mild, they may disappear within days or weeks. If they are more serious or do not go away, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
Other drug interactions with Coveram
- Antifungal class azoles (ketoconazole) and vasopressin receptor antagonists (conivaptan) may increase Amlodipine plasma concentrations.
- Protease inhibitors such as ritonavir may enhance the pharmacological effects of Amlodipine.
- Concomitant use of NSAIDs (mefenamic acid, sodium diclofenac, aspirin, ibuprofen) and ACE inhibitors may cause kidney damage. In addition, NSAIDs may reduce the antihypertensive effect of ACE inhibitors.
- Concomitant use of potassium-sparing diuretics such as spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride or potassium supplements and substitutes for salts containing potassium, must be taken with caution, as these drugs can cause hyperkalemia.
- ACE inhibitors can increase lithium levels and symptoms of lithium poisoning if used together with Coveram.
Grapefruit juice and grapefruit are not used while taking Coveram. Because grapefruit and grapefruit juice can lead to an increase in the concentration of the active ingredient amlodipine in the blood, it can cause an unexpected increase in side effects in Coveram’s hypotension.
Preserving drug Coveram 5mg/5mg
- Store Coveram in a dry place, at a temperature below 25 ° C.
- Keep Coveram where children and pets cannot reach.
Source of Coveram drug references:
- Source nps.org.au article coveram 5mg / 5mg tablets: https://www.nps.org.au/medicine-finder/coveram-5-mg-5-mg-tablets updated September 21, 2019 .
- Source healthline.com article perindopril oral tablet : https://www.healthline.com/health/perindopril-oral-tablet#about updated September 21, 2019.
- Source drugs.com coveram article : https://www.drugs.com/international/coveram.html updated September 21, 2019 .
- See also: https://index-china.com/coveram-medicine-5mg-5mg-perindopril-arginine-amlodipine/ ,updated 14/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answer to Coveram 5mg / 5mg Perindopril arginine & Amlodipine medicine to treat hypertension and coronary heart disease.
Note : Information about article on Coveram 5mg / 5mg Perindopril arginine & Amlodipine for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the drug themselves, all information on drug use must follow indications specialist doctor.
Last Updated on