Celecoxib medicine treats pain or arthritis. index-china is the address of buying and selling Celecoxib medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
Celecoxib is an NSAID, used to relieve pain, swelling and stiffness with arthritis. Can provide 24-hour relief for many people with pain and arthritis.
What is Celecoxib? Indications for treatment of Celecoxib ?
Celecoxib belongs to a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and especially a subgroup called inhibitors (COX-2).
Celecoxib is used to relieve the signs and symptoms of:
- Osteoarthritis (type of arthritis due to wear and tear)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (type of arthritis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis in children older than 2 years
- Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis)
- Short-term pain due to trauma
- Pain related to menstruation
- Polyps develop in the colon and rectum in people with a condition called family adrenal polyps.
The mechanism of action of Celecoxib
- Celecoxib works by blocking the action of an enzyme in the body called cyclo-oxyase (COX).
- COX is involved in making substances in the body called the prostate gland, in response to trauma and in conditions like arthritis. The prostate gland causes pain, swelling and inflammation. Celecoxib reduces inflammation and pain by reducing the production of this prostate gland.
- Celecoxib will begin to relieve pain after a single dose, but its anti-inflammatory effects accumulate after several weeks of regular dosing.
- Patients with hypersensitivity to Celecoxib or any component of the drug or sulfonamid product.
- History of asthma, hives or other allergic reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- Patients with coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG).
- Celecoxib is not recommended for use in pregnant and lactating women.
Dosage and usage of Celecoxib
Information about Acyclovir products
Celecoxib oral capsule is a prescription drug available as brand-name drug: Celebrex. It is also available in a generic version. Generic drugs usually cost less, in some cases they may not be available in every strength or form like the brand-name version.
Celebrex 100mg image (Celecoxib)
Celebrex 200mg image (Celecoxib)
The dosage of Celecoxib used as directed by your doctor depends on the type of arthritis and your pain level.
- Treatment of inflammation and pain in osteoarthritis: the initial dose is usually 200mg daily, the dose may be increased to 200mg twice a day if needed.
- Treatment of inflammation and pain in rheumatoid arthritis: the starting dose is 100mg twice a day, the dose can be increased to 200mg twice a day if needed.
- Treatment of ankylosing spondylitis is started at 200mg per day, the dose increased to a maximum of 400mg per day.
- Treatment of pain caused by trauma or menstruation 200 mg twice a day.
- Treatment of family polyps: 400 mg twice a day, taken with food.
Celecoxib is not recommended for children under 2 years of age, the dosage of rheumatoid arthritis treatment in children older than 2 years is based on doctor’s instructions.
- Use celecoxib immediately after eating, to prevent stomach pain.
- Take Celecoxib with a full glass of water. Do not crush or chew them.
- The highest efficacy of this drug can be observed for 2 to 3 hours and the effect lasts for an average of 8 to 12 hours.
Warnings and precautions when using Celecoxib
- Gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers and perforation: Celecoxib and other NSAIDs increase the risk of serious gastrointestinal (GI) side effects including bleeding, ulcers and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. .
- Heart damage: Celecoxib may have adverse effects on the heart, especially after long periods of use. It can increase the risk of diseases like stroke and heart attack that can be fatal.
- Impaired renal function: Celecoxib is known to cause kidney damage. Close monitoring of kidney function is necessary. The dosage should be adjusted based on CrCl (Creatinine Clearance). This drug is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
- Impaired liver function: Celecoxib should be used with caution in patients with liver injury. In patients with moderate liver damage, the dose should be reduced by 50%. This drug is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
- Asthma: Celecoxib should not be taken if you have an NSAID sensitive asthma. Any such history should be reported to the physician for suitable replacement can be made.
- Fluid retention and edema: Celecoxib should only be taken after consulting a doctor. Monitoring of blood pressure and cardiac status is necessary on a regular basis during treatment.
Side effects of Celecoxib
Common Celecoxib side effects include:
- Stomach pain
- Gas or flatulence
- Acute respiratory failure
Serious side effects may occur. If you have any of these side effects, stop taking Celecoxib immediately.
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Weakness on one side of the body
- Vomiting blood or something that looks like coffee grounds
- Bloody diarrhea or tarry stools
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Severe skin rash or blistering of the skin
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue or body
- Difficulty swallowing or difficulty talking
- Bloody urine, dark urine, or difficulty urinating
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Jaundice or eyes
Other drug interactions with Celecoxib
- Hemostatic intervention drugs (warfarin, aspirin, SSRIs / SNRIs): Monitor patients with bleeding when co-administered Celecoxib with hemostatic intervention drugs. Concomitant use of oral Celecoxib and corticosteroids, antiplatelet agents (such as aspirin), anticoagulants or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) is not recommended.
- ACE inhibitors, Angiotensin receptor inhibitors (ARBs) or Beta blockers: Concomitant use with Celecoxib may reduce the antihypertensive effects of these drugs. Monitor blood pressure.
- ACE inhibitors and ARBs: Concomitant use with Celecoxib in the elderly, impaired volumes or those with renal impairment may lead to impaired renal function. In such high-risk patients, watch for signs of impaired renal function.
- Diuretics: NSAIDs may reduce the natriuretic effect of furosemide and thiazide diuretics. Monitor patients to ensure diuretic effect including hypotensive effect.
- Digoxin: Concomitant use with Celecoxib may increase serum concentrations and prolong the half-life of digoxin. Monitor serum digoxin concentration.
Preservation of Celecoxib drug
- Store Celebrex at room temperature below 30 o C.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Sources of references Celecoxib:
- Source Drugs.com article Celecoxib : https://www.drugs.com/celecoxib.html/ , Last updated on August 1, 2019.
- Source Pfizerpro.com article Celebre (Celecoxib Capsules) : https://www.pfizerpro.com/product/celebrex/hcp/indications-and-dosing/ Last updated on 7/11/2019
- Prestigious source index-china.com synthesizes the article Celecoxib 100mg 200mg to treat pain or arthritis : https://index-china.com/celecoxib-medicine-100mg-200mg/ , updated 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answers on Celecoxib 100mg 200mg to treat pain or arthritis .
Note: Information about Celecoxib drug article for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to arbitrarily use the drug, all drug use information must be directed by a specialized physician.
PGS.TS. Trần Ngọc Ánh hiện là Bệnh viện Đại học Y Hà Nội, Phó giáo sư chuyên ngành Nội Tiêu hóa Trưởng Khoa Nội tổng hợp-u hóa của Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội. Bác sĩ tư vấn tại Nhà Thuốc ThuocLP.
Trình độ chuyên môn, Học hàm- Học vị:
Tốt nghiệp hệ Bác sĩ đa khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội
Tốt nghiệp Thạc sỹ chuyên ngành Nội khoa, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội
Tốt nghiệp chương trình đào tạo chuyên khoa chuyên ngành Tiêu hoá, Trung tâm Viện Trường Henri Mondor, Đại học Paris 6, Cộng hòa Pháp 1996-1997; 1999
Tốt nghiệp chương trình đào tạo chuyên khoa chuyên ngành Tiêu hoá, Bệnh viện Bắc Hoàng Gia Sydney, Australia; 2002
Tốt nghiệp chương trình đào tạo chuyên khoa chuyên ngành các bệnh lý gan mạn, Pizza, Italia 2009
Tốt nghiệp Tiến sĩ chuyên ngành Tiêu hoá, Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội
Phó giáo sư, Chuyên ngành Tiêu hoá, Trường Đại học Y Hà nội
Đào tạo và Nghiên cứu khoa học:
Đã công bố hơn 200 bài báo trên các tạp chí chuyên ngành trong nước và quốc tế
Chủ biên nhiều sách chuyên khảo và tham gia biên soạn 2 sách giáo khoa.
Hướng dẫn nhiều sinh viên và học viên sau đại học của Trường Đại học Y Hà Nội
Chủ nhiệm nhiều đề tài nghiên cứu cấp cơ sở
Chứng chỉ Y khoa:
Chứng chỉ thực hành lâm sàng tốt (GCP: 2012, 2015), Bộ Y tế
Chứng chỉ chuyên ngành: Nội soi tiêu hoá thông thường, Nội soi tiêu hoá can thiệp, Siêu âm tiêu hoá thông thường, Siêu âm tiêu hoá can thiệp (BV Bạch Mai), Bệnh lý gan mạn.