The drug AlphaChymotrypsin fights inflammation and edema. index-china is the address of buying and selling Alpha Chymotrypsin medicine in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho … and nationwide.
What is alpha chymotrypsin? Indications for treatment of Alpha Chymotrypsin?
Chymotrypsin is a digestive enzyme belonging to a super enzyme family called the protease serine. Digestive enzymes, synthesized and secreted by pancreatic acin cells, break down the foods we eat. Alpha Chymotrypsin has properties that have proteolytic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can reduce tissue destruction.
Alpha Chymotrypsin is used for the treatment, control, prevention, and improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Reduce inflammation and edema related to abscess, ulcer, surgery or injury
- Help to dilute respiratory secretions such as asthma, bronchitis, lung disease and sinusitis
- Minimize initial increase in serum liver enzymes in burn patients, reduce liver damage and related degenerative changes during wound repair
Alpha Chymotrypsin is sometimes inhaled or applied to the skin for conditions associated with pain and swelling for infections.
In cataract surgery, Alpha Chymotrypsin is sometimes used to reduce eye damage.
The mechanism of action of Alpha Chymotrypsin
Chymotrypsin is a proteolytic enzyme that is prepared in a pure form from the pancreas. It possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties that allow it to accelerate the resorption of inflammatory cells as well as postoperative and traumatic heamatomas.
Chymotrypsin, furthermore possesses proteolytic properties that allow topical destruction of fibrosis components due to subacute or chronic inflammatory processes.
- Patients with hypersensitivity to chymotrypsin or to any component of the drug.
- Not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Dosage and usage of Alpha Chymotrypsin
Information about Alpha Chymotrypsin products
Alpha Chymotrypsin comes in many forms including: tablets, capsules, syrup, cream, gel, ointment, liquid or injection.
Images of tablets Alpha Chymotrypsin oral tablet
Images of Alpha Chymotrypsin injection
Dosage form of injection:
- For inflammation, edema and respiratory secretions: a 6: 1 ratio (trypsin: chymotrypsin) should be used in a combined amount of 100,000 USP units four times daily.
- For burns: a ratio of 6: 1 (trypsin: chymotrypsin) in a total of 200,000 USP units four times daily for ten days.
- When intramuscularly to treat inflammation, edema and respiratory secretions, 5000 USP units should be used one to three times daily.
- As an adjunct in cataract surgery, chymotrypsin solution should be used in 9/10% sterile sodium chloride injection for injection into the posterior cavity.
Dosage for oral or sublingual tablet form:
- Use 2 times, 3-4 times a day.
- Sublingual: 4-6 tablets divided equally throughout the day for sublingual administration to dissolve slowly
- Dosage of Alpha Chymotrypsin is used according to doctor’s prescription.
- Your doctor or pharmacist will give you the injection dose at the hospital or pharmacy.
- Alpha Chymotrypsin oral tablet should be taken with plenty of water or placed under the tongue to dissolve the medicine.
Warnings and precautions when using Alpha Chymotrypsin
- Use with caution in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), especially with emphysema, nephrotic syndrome.
- Use with caution for people with coagulopathy, are taking anticoagulants, allergic to proteins.
Alpha Chymotrypsin should not be used if you have the following medical conditions:
- High Blood Pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Severe liver disease
Side effects of Alpha Chymotrypsin
Side effects are rare but may include anaphylactic reactions and hypersensitivity.
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away, including:
- Increased intraocular pressure
- Corneal edema
- Moderate uveitis
Other drug interactions with Alpha Chymotrypsin
Unknown drug interactions with Alpha Chymotrypsin
Preservation of Alpha Chymotrypsin medicine
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and direct light.
- Keep Alpha Chymotrypsin medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Sources of Reference Alpha Chymotrypsin:
- Source Tabletwise.com article Alphachymotrypsin : https://www.tabletwise.com/medicine/alphachymotrypsin , updated on November 2, 2019
- Source Webmd.com posts chymotrypsin : https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-405/chymotrypsin
- Prestigious source index-china.com synthesizes the article Alpha Chymotrypsin anti-inflammatory and edematous drug : https://index-china.com/alpha-chymotrypsin-medicine/ , updated on 16/3/2020.
Please COMMENT below for our answers to the Alpha Chymotrypsin Anti-inflammatory and edema drug .
Note: Information about Alpha Chymotrypsin article for the purpose of sharing knowledge for reference only, patients are not allowed to use the drug on their own, all information on drug use must be directed by a qualified physician.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Vietnamese health.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.