What is Adagrin?
Adagrin medicine is an erectile dysfunction drug, used to treat erectile dysfunction such as the inability to get an erection or the inability to sustain an erection during sexual activity.
Drug information Adagrin male enhancement pills
- Drug Name: Adagrin.
- Group of drugs: Erectile dysfunction drugs.
- Registration Number: VD-17818-12.
- Active ingredients – Concentration/strength: Sildenafil 100 mg, Sildenafil 50 mg.
- Dosage form: Film coated tablets.
- Packing: Box of 1 blister x 3 tablets of 50mg, box of 1 blister x 3 tablets of 100mg.
- Expiry date: 36 months.
- Group of aphrodisiacs
Each film-coated tablet Adagrin is prepared from the active ingredient Sildenafil citrate equivalent to 50-100mg sildenafil base and a sufficient amount of excipients in one film-coated tablet. Includes: Dark blue Opadry film-coated excipients, ludipress, magnesium stearate, kollidon CL.
Sildenafil’s mechanism of action
The active ingredient sildenafil is an oral therapy for erectile dysfunction. In a natural setting, i.e. with sexual stimulation, it restores impaired erectile function by increasing blood flow to the penis.
The physiological mechanism responsible for penile erection involves the release of nitric oxide (NO) in the corpus cavernosum during sexual stimulation. Nitric oxide then activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase, leading to increased levels of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), which induces smooth muscle relaxation in the corpus cavernosum and allows blood inflow.
Sildenafil is a potent and selective inhibitor of cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) in the corpus cavernosum, where PDE5 is responsible for cGMP degradation. Sildenafil has a peripheral effect on erection.
Indications & Contraindications for the use of Adagrin
Indications for use of the drug
Treatment of erectile dysfunction or commonly known as impotence in men.
Contraindications to the drug
- People who are hypersensitive to the active substance Sildenafil citrate or any of its ingredients.
- People with a history of or are suffering from coronary and cerebrovascular diseases.
- Women and children.
- People who regularly use organic nitrate salts or use them but use them intermittently are on the list of contraindications to using Adagrin.
Dosage of Adagrin
Adagrin is used by patients with the following dosage:
Recommended dose: Take 1 tablet of 50mg/time/day. Use about 1 hour before sex. Depending on the level of pathological development and response of each subject, the patient can take a dose of 25-100mg/time/day under the guidance of a specialist.
Maximum dose: 100mg/day. Patients should not use more than 1 time in 24 hours.
How to take medicine
For the best results, users should adhere to the instructions for use of the drug:
- One pill each time (equivalent to 50mg) and this dose has been verified to be suitable for Vietnamese people.
- Should be taken about an hour before sex. Do not take more than 1 tablet in 24 hours.
- The product is highly effective, so you should not abuse the drug as a male aphrodisiac.
- To use the drug safely and effectively, you should learn carefully to know the full information about the drug.
Adagrin side effects
Ludipress, Magnesium stearate, Kollidon CL, Opadry blue film-coated excipients. Of course, any type of erectile dysfunction drug can cause some unwanted side effects to users. However, those effects are relatively mild.
You may experience some of the following symptoms:
- Stomach ache, red face, headache.
- Nasal congestion, diarrhea, indigestion.
- Mild, temporary visual changes while taking the drug, such as light perception, color, blurred vision.
What drugs can interact with?
The active ingredient Sildenafil in Adagrin is mainly metabolised via ytocrom P450 3A4 and 2B9. Therefore, some drugs that inhibit cytochromes have the ability to reduce the elimination of the active substance Sildenafil in the body. Thereby increasing the concentration of active substance Sildenafil in the plasma.
Drugs with the potential to induce interactions and increase plasma concentrations of the active substance Sildenafil include:
- Drugs that inhibit cytochromes
- Cimetidine (nonspecific inhibitor)
- Itraconazole, Ritonavir, Erythromycin, Ketoconazole, Saquinavir… (specific inhibition).
In addition, when concomitant use of cytochrome P450 3A4 stimulators such as Rifampicin and the stimulant Adagrin, plasma concentrations of the active ingredient Sildenafil will decrease.
The bioavailability of the active substance Sildenafil citrate is not affected by antacids. Specifically: Aluminum hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide.
Kidneys while using Adagrin
The drug should not be used at the same time with other erectile stimulation therapies, including oral drugs, injections into the penis, vacuum suction …
Adagrin is not a protection against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection, the virus that causes AIDS.
Caution should be exercised in patients with severe hepatic or renal impairment; dose reduction may be necessary.
Sildenafil is not known to be safe in patients with severe hepatic impairment, bleeding disorders, active peptic ulcer disease, hypotension, hypertension, history of myocardial infarction , recent stroke, or arrhythmias. life-threatening, unstable angina, heart failure , or retinal disorders such as retinitis pigmentosa (only some of them have an inherited disorder of the retinal phosphodiesterase enzyme).
How much does Adagrin 50mg cost ?
Adagrin 50mg is a product of ICA Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Joint Stock Company – Vietnam. The drug is being sold for 80,000 VND/box of 1 blister x 3 50mg tablets.
How to store medicine?
- You should store the medicine at room temperature, in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- You should not store the medicine in the refrigerator.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not throw medicine down the toilet or plumbing.
The above article is for reference only and is not a substitute for medical diagnosis or treatment. Readers should only follow the instructions of the doctor who is treating you, Index-China disclaims responsibility if problems occur.
Reputable source ThuocLP Vietnamese: Adagrin medicine: Uses, dosage and usage
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Ngoc Anh is currently Hanoi Medical University Hospital, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Head of Department of General-Uematology of Hanoi Medical University. Consulting doctor at ThuocLP Pharmacy.
Professional qualifications, Academic degrees – Education:
Graduated from General Practitioner System, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated with a Master degree in Internal Medicine, Hanoi Medical University
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, Henri Mondor Institute Center, University of Paris 6, French Republic 1996-1997; 1999
Graduated from the training program specialized in Gastrointestinal, North Royal Sydney Hospital, Australia; 2002
Graduated from a training program specialized in chronic liver diseases, Pizza, Italy 2009
Graduated with a PhD in Gastrointestinal, Hanoi Medical University
Associate Professor, Gastroenterology, Hanoi Medical University
Training and Scientific Research:
Published more than 200 articles in domestic and international specialized journals
Editor of many monographs and participates in compiling 2 textbooks.
Guide many students and graduate students of Hanoi Medical University
Manager of many grassroots research projects
Certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP: 2012, 2015), Ministry of Health
Specialized certificates: General gastrointestinal endoscopy, Interventional gastrointestinal endoscopy, General gastrointestinal ultrasound, Interventional gastrointestinal ultrasound (Bach Mai BV), Chronic liver disease.